Quotes by Mark Milton (Earth-712)
- You -- humbled me, Avenger -- something no man or creature has ever done -- or will ever do -- a second time! I am Hyperion -- sent to Earth to become its greatest champion -- more powerful than the crashing surf -- able to fly, to see thru walls, bend titanium with my bare hands! I am invincible -- invulnerable!
- I am not strong, I am not smart, I do not shoot death-rays. About the only thing I am good at... is making friends.
- You stand accused of crimes against nature, history, and the human race itself! The penalty you face is life imprisonment. How do you plead?
- You — humbled me, Avenger... Something no man or creature has ever done — or will ever do — a second time! I AM HYPERION — sent to Earth to become its greatest champion — more powerful than the crashing surf — able to fly, to see through walls, bend titanium with my bare hands! I am invincible —INVULNERABLE!
- Citizens of America and all nations, do not panic. We, the Squadron Supreme of America, hereby assume supreme authority in all matters pertaining to world security and survival for the duration of this critical transition back to peacetime. ... We are the world's best hope.
- There was a danger in calling ourselves the Squadron Supreme. We began to believe that we always knew what we were doing... That our noble Ends justified our ignoble means. Before he died, Nighthawk made me see that in our haste to save the World, we never considered the longrange consequences of our deeds. Ours is a precarious Utopia, built with the most dangerous tools yet devised. We dare not make Society dependent upon them. I hereby move we disband the Squadron Supreme, and dismantle the system we instituted.