Quotes by Janet van Dyne (Earth-616)
- Wherever you are, Hank... I'm going to get you for this. Here goes Janet van Dyne, the feelings Avenger.
Wait! Before we separate, the Wasp and I have something to say! Each of us has a different power! If we combined forces, we could be almost unbeatable!
Work as a team? Why not? I'm for it!
There is much good we might do!
I'm sick of bein' hunted and hounded! I'd rather be with you than against you! So, whether you like it or not, I'm joining the... the... Hey! What are you callin' yourselves?
That's right! We need a name! It should be something colorful and dramatic, like... the Avengers, or...
"Or" nothing! That's it! The Avengers!!
We'll fight together, or separately, if need be!
I pity the guy who tries to beat us!
We'll never be beaten! For we are... the Avengers!
- Hawkeye, She-Hulk, I'd like to officially welcome you both. From now on -- you're one of us. We're one of you. And we're all -- THE AVENGERS!
- The Masters of Evil have control of the Mansion... They still have hostages. But I swear they have won their last round. Now, it's our turn!
I tell you we've got to find the Hulk! So long as he's running wild, there's no telling what he'll do!
Iron Man is right! So says Thor!
But how do we find him??
He's one joker you can't find in the classified ads!
- You mixed-up, adorable nut! As if my life would mean anything to me if I lost you!
- It's some sort of unearthly inhuman vision--! And that voice... like something from beyond the grave...!
- Whether you married me as Henry Pym... Yellowjacket... or as Wyatt Earp... it's equally legal! Need I add I looked it up?
- HI! I'm the Wasp! And you've just been STUNG!
- You think I've been dead? You think you saw me die during the Skrull Invasion? Oh, no, see that's not what happened-
- Avengers? Hey guys! What's going on, have you lost it? Wait, van Dyne catches on eventually -- she's some kind of a siren. I've got her -- snap out of it, boys! She's a siren! And you better all have been thinking of me.
- Do you think it's really him? I mean it can't be, can it? The real Captain America?
- I believe what Reed and Sue really wanted was some time alone. Something about a... special anniversary.
- Now wait just a minute, Mr. Pym! We're a team, REMEMBER? Where you go -- I go!
- HI! I'm the Wasp! And you've just been STUNG!
- You! If you think I'm gonna waste my Maybelline ultra-lash on a half-pint husband -- Dream On, Hank Pym -- Dream On!
- I told you before Hank Pym... I'm not gonna ever leave you!
- H-Hank .. Why? What has led us here? What cruel, uncaring fate?
- And don't you lecture me either Hank Pym!
- Why don't we all take a leave of absence?
- Its never open season on giants when I'm around!
- You're not leaving here until that jacket is in a museum where it belongs.
- My hero! All you need to do is work on your timing!
- I am bored...! Nothing has happened in the last two weeks! What good are two crime-smashers with no crime to smash!!
- I can't stand it Ant-Man... Help! Help me before I go screaming mad!
- You and your old ants! I bet if I had six legs, you'd like me better!
- Henry, you are the love of my life and the apple of my eye...but what you don't know about ladies fashions...!!!
- I feel like a character in an Ian Fleming novel.
- How romantic! There's a moon outside... soft breezes and the scent of honeysuckle in the air! And what do you have for me? A weapon!!
- What a fool I've been! I should have guessed -- that must be why he sometimes seems so unromantic -- so distant! He still can't forget Maria, his first wife!
- I know I'm acting foolish, but I can't help loving the guy! ...despite the way he treats me!
- A hundred years from now, when we're all dead and buried, there will be only two things that we're remembered for... what we did. And what we looked like.
- I still have Hank's living will, Steve. In bold letters it says "Do not resuscitate." In the event of a tragedy -- he didn't want to be a half-corpse hooked up to a machine -- but look at him now! Look at him, Steve! Ultron murdered Hank, and now he's wearing his face!
- Well if it wasn't an "Avengers" plan... where would Rogue take the Red Skull?
- My secret power is that I get things done.
Conversations with Janet van Dyne (Earth-616)
You can stay here.
That is not logical after I came to kill you.
Before Hawkeye was an Avenger, he was a criminal. Before I came here I was nothing but an heiress. The Avengers are about giving you a chance to start over. You just have to decide what you want that start to be. ... You make your own choices. Create your own path. You come up with a vision of what you aspire to...and then you work to make it happen.
Anything come to mind?
I would have a name.
Then I guess you better start thinking. That's yours to decide.
You look pretty cheerful, Hawkeye! There must be a female in your future!
There sure will be, if I can help it!
Hank... have you noticed how silent the Vision has been?
Small loss... that inhuman voice of his gives me the creeps anyway! Perhaps it's just as well!
Any regrets, Hank?
Always. But as long as you're with me, they don't matter. Let the new team have the spotlight -- I'm still the luckiest man alive!
I promised myself I wouldn't use the Avengers to hide from my life's problems anymore.
No one's asking you to do that. We're asking you to do that which you can do better than anyone in the world.
Well, when you put it like that...
Jan! Where the Devil are are you?
Right here silly. Why do you think I'm called... The Wonderful Wasp?
Because you're a White Anglo-Saxon Protestant?
Well, yeah, there's that... But mainly because I"m wasp sized, winged when I shrink... And I pack a mean sting.
What's buzzing around me? Oh, Jan... it's you!
How nice! You remembered my name!
Forgive me, pretty girl! I was concentrating so hard I didn't hear you! C'mon, make yourself large enough for me to put my arm around you!
Mmmmm! Now you're talking my language, handsome!
You know, if this wasn't a mission to stop genocidal twins from performing a rapture... with the Moon and everything...
It would be a bit romantic.
More so if I wasn't here.
They need to fill out a form for me and I need a last name, but I've never really had a last name before.
Janet Van Dyne
Nadia Van Dyne
And I thought, Pym makes sense, right? My parents' name. Why wouldn't I choose that? Except I never knew them and I don't know what they were like, and my last name should mean something to me. And I could only think of one last name that meant anything to me. And it's Van Dyne. But I wanted to ask you. Because it seems like it would be weird if I just got your last name and didn't ask or--
Janet Van Dyne
Yes! I would be honored.
You've been married to Black Bolt for a long time.
Almost my entire adult life.
What's your secret?
Medusa -- (Beyond! #5)
Yes. And I can't overstress what an aid that is in settling our occasional disagreements.
Pages in category "Janet van Dyne (Earth-616)/Quotes"