Quotes by Bruce Banner (Earth-616)
- Hippy peanut butter. Have to be mixed.
Wait! Before we separate, the Wasp and I have something to say! Each of us has a different power! If we combined forces, we could be almost unbeatable!
Work as a team? Why not? I'm for it!
There is much good we might do!
I'm sick of bein' hunted and hounded! I'd rather be with you than against you! So, whether you like it or not, I'm joining the... the... Hey! What are you callin' yourselves?
That's right! We need a name! It should be something colorful and dramatic, like... the Avengers, or...
"Or" nothing! That's it! The Avengers!!
We'll fight together, or separately, if need be!
I pity the guy who tries to beat us!
We'll never be beaten! For we are... the Avengers!
- Hulk is not sorry. Hulk is Hulk.
- Something is coming your way-- something big.
- You did it, didn't you? You arrogant, elitist son of a bitch. I told all of you never to do it again... But you did it anyway. You re-formed the Illuminati, didn't you?
- The angrier I get the stronger I get! I’m the strongest one there is! Hulk Smash!
- What do you want little man?
- Fish-Man is hurt -- and Hulk cannot help him. Hulk hates to say it -- But Hulk needs you.
- Yes, Hulk was Avenger once... Didn't like it!
- Hah! When Hulk smashes something, It stays smashed!
- Take -- Your -- Hand -- Off --Hulk -- Magican!
- Magician and Girl talk too much --- Mix up Hulk's head too!
- Always it's just the same! Stupid humans hurt Hulk's friends and Hulk must fight!
- Can't -- let myself become -- The Hulk --For if I do -- The Defenders are dead for sure! But I -- I Don't know how long -- I can Hold Out!
- Huh? Is Sword-Girl -- with Cape-Man! Cape-Man is one who sent Hulk here-- and now Cape-Man steals Hulk's friend! ... Hulk will not let Cape-Man steal friends from Hulk.
- You've had it for a long time. Since the day we met. ... That moment that changed everything for both of us. The day the Hulk was born. You never stopped hating yourself for that, Rick. Even though you were just a kid who couldn't have known. ... The guilt is why you won't let yourself turn back into Rick Jones. But Rick -- even if I don't live through this, you've got to know. It's not your fault. I forgive you... It's not. Your. Fault.
- This time Thing won't escape me! This time Thing must die!
- I'll tear the city apart, brick by brick if I have to, to find the Avengers!! And now ... there's nothing that can stop me!!
- ... You won't like me when I'm angry!
- I thought... I thought you might actually have the secret. Might be able to show me a way out. But no. You've got a good heart. You just wanted to save everyone... including the sea beast. I know the feeling. But the Hulk's right. You let that thing inside you take the wheel... and you could kill your whole damn world.
- Hulk has never felt pain like this before. Hulk can't raise arms to smash. Unless flames go away--Hulk will die!
- Let me guess... you're the good guy, right? And we just had us one of those good-guy-meets-good-guy-and-they-fight-on-their-first-meeting-then-team-up-against-the-bad-guys-encounter.
- Hulk knows what to do ... SMASH STUPID BADOON! Take Hulk to them and Hulk will..
- You are stupid, Talbot… for you have made the Hulk mad!
- You're making me angry......and there's not much room in this air-craft... Put away the popgun, sonny...before it's too late...
- Hulk don't know why Hairy Lady hit Hulk with lightning... ...but Hulk don't like!!!
- Tell Banner this: Hulk will destroy him!
- It wouldn't even matter if I did. I don't get to make those kinds of declarations any more. I can't be tempted to. I'd just be giving the monster something new to wreck.
- No, I think it will wait for me. This is what it's like to be on that drug Duke was peddling, isn't it, Stu? But stranger, more intense...
- Hulk not stupid! He remember girl! Girl just using Hulk! So... Hulk will... crush girl!
- If I hung around I'd be putting you in danger. We both know that. So yeah, I should go.
- Girl is robot? Girl is freak? Hulk hates freaks!
- You gave up on humanity-- The one thing you can never do!
- When Hulk is out -- --Hulk will smash!
- Dammit, Leonard, I've known this all along. I was just too much of a coward to admit it. Me. Ross. What's the difference?!
- To think--there have been times, moments in the past few years when I've almost thought there might be a chance I could control the Hulk, harness that power for the good of all. Yet always, always the dream dies, the madness comes back. And each time, it seems worse than before.
- You lunatic! All those people! In all these years, the Hulk has never killed anyone. Now...
- Your own little garden of slaves and sycophants, eh, Candler? Don't you all understand? You're not human! You're artificial life candler created out of mutant plant tissue!
- Recently--the Hulk has discovered his scheme--he's learned to assert his control--to fight back. If you kill me now-- --Tyrannus wins-- he'll move on to another victim--control someone else--please--you've got to help me--you must let me stop him!
- Why do you hate me so much? You sound like the Hulk in the past. Blaming Banner for keeping him 'locked away.' Is that who you are? Some other aspect of my personality? Like the grey Hulk? Or is it worse than that? ARE YOU THE HULK'S HULK?!
- 'Live my life.' It's been so long, I don't even know who Bruce Banner is anymore. All I know is...I am not the Hulk.
- Red Hulk thinks Hulk is stupid. Red Hulk hurts everybody. Red Hulk likes to kill. Red Hulk is bad Hulk. GREEN HULK STOPS RED HULK HERE! There is only one HULK. And he is GREEN!
- Maybe Hulk not leave yet.
- My name is Bruce Banner, and I've been locked away by the Hulk. He's used every trick to hide me away. He had a smart teacher. But now, finally, I am free... Just in time to die.
- Want to know why I'm going to win, Ross? Because... I am the alpha! I am the omega! I am the strongest one there is! I am the Hulk!
- No. Hulk... Koff ...Hulk never give up. Never surrender.
- ⚞sigh⚟ Damn it, Rick, you were supposed to be the easy one... ⚞sigh⚟ Guess it's time to smash.
- Ah, Tyrannosaurus Rex, the perennial Savage Land welcoming committee
- I close my eyes and sleep. I dream for the first time since my Extremis rebirth. My mind reboots in R.E.M. sleep. In this dream I play the part that man has written for me. I am the Hulk. The strongest one there is. I get the last word in an old, long-runing argument... I say goodbye to some friends. Now there's nobody to tell me what to do. In my dreams, I am truly free.
- You just pushed past the envelope, carter face! To quote an old "pal" of mine......it's clobberin' time!
- Good day, gentlemen. You'll be pleased to know... the doctor is in.
- The danger's past! The Uni-Power's gone, now! Leaving me, once again, a man cursed by fate to become... ...the incredible Hulk!
- All right, so I'm not the wisecracking super-type, like Spider-Man! Gamma rays gave me muscles, not a sense of humor!
- All right, stupid monsters. Come and fight Hulk if that is what you want. Hulk is ready. Hulk is always ready!
- Who do you think you are, Banner? You're just like me, only the other direction. You don't feel you're passionless. Got no fire in your eyes. I'm more alive than you'll ever be. I hunger for life.
- Is Smoke-thing afraid of Hulk's little wind?
- Hulk knew that magician would get into trouble. Hulk always knows and no one ever listens.
- What is this?! First, robot smashes Hulk's friend -- then, robot tries to smash Hulk! And now -- Hulk is wet again!
- Because you thought you were stronger than the Hulk? Well, you were wrong...wrong! No one is stronger than the Hulk!
- Bah! Words can't stop Hulk, little man--and robots can't stop him! Hulk is the strongest one there is!
- I don't want you with me! I don't need you! I don't need anybody! With my strength -- my power -- the world is mine!
- Hulk only fights those that threaten him!
- Whole World is Against Me!
- What nameless nightmare have I awakened to now??
- Hulk can do anything!
- So -- Fish-man tries to show how strong he is--! But nobody is as strong as Hulk!
- Now tell me I'm no different!
- Hulk wants to do... the right thing! But, no matter who wins... Hulk can only lose!!
- Maybe here... in the place called Florida... Hulk can find the quiet he wants!
- You are strong, Thing! But not as strong as the Hulk! Nothing is as strong as the Hulk!
- You cannot be my friend... Nobody's friend! You are a robot!
- Why does head always hurt ... when Hulk tries to think?
- It'll be worth dying, Betty -- if that'll rid this planet forever of the Hulk.
- Hulk is going now! Don't try to follow!
- By the way, you're wanted in surgery... as a patient...!
- This Statue is Hulk's now - Hulk like it -- Hulk will keep it!
- Why is everything Hulk does ... wrong? Hulk tries to do good things.
- Hulk does not like to hit women -- but maybe he changes him mind ... this time!
- Hulk is alone. More alone than ever.
- With Frank Sinatra retired and me on the inactive list, I'm afraid the Jet Set's had it.
- Don't threaten, Don't make me angry!
- Hulk has no friends! Not in this world!
- Hulk does not smash ... Children.
- Hulk doesn't understand. First little man fights Hulk... and now he fights Hulk's enemy? But if Hulk's enemy is little man's enemy... then little man is Hulk's friend!
- I'm changing .. but I musn't change - I musn't -- Yes, I must! HULK MUST LIVE - -
- Doesn't anyone give a damn about Bruce Banner anymore?
- Why do you attack Hulk? Hulk does not want to fight you. Hulk does not even know you!
- Smashing is what Hulk does best!
- Katrina must not see Hulk! Hulk is big ... ugly!
- Ummm - Hulk likes beans --
- Bah, Hulk does not want stupid fish to eat! Hulk wants good food ... like beans!
- To beat Hulk, you must be stronger than Hulk -- And NO ONE is STRONGER THAN HULK!
- They will hound me no longer! For now the Hulk will fight back! ... on my own terms!
- Well, for manifested phantoms Samson -- they pack one heck of a punch!
- Hulk only wants to be left alone!
- Look, I'm warning you for your own sakes, don't make me mad --
- Wherever Hulk goes, People are afraid of Hulk!
- Hulk is not Human, little men! Hulk is Hulk!!
- Where is your power now, Leader? Tell Hulk again how you will defeat him -- so Hulk will have a chance to laugh!
- Room is too small... and bed is too soft! Makes Hulk nervous!
- That's it -- run! Run from the Hulk -- now that you've smashed all of Hulk's corn.
- Law cannot make Hulk leave! Hulk will smash stupid Law!
- Even his moment with Jarella you would steal from the Hulk, spaceman? Even that??
- I'm myself again! But I'm not cured! I can feel the gamma rays like a turbulence at the center of my soul! I'm still the Hulk! Still a monster!
- All puny humans are Hulk's enemies, and Hulk will smash them all!
- I remember the horror of Zzax's hunger! When he sits down to supper, there's nothing left of the human beings on which he feeds! So Zzzax must not feed! This time the Living Dynamo goes hungry!
- Let... Kate... go... Boomerang -- ... or... I'm... going... to... have... your... head!
- But obviously, someone's using my machines, my research without my authorization! Someone's using an untested, incredibly dangerous experimental technique -- to play God!
- Spaceman would cure Hulk? Spaceman would take away Hulk's power and make Hulk weak? Bah! Spaceman will do nothing... but die!
- Strange was Hulk's friend once! If Hulk needs help, Strange will help Hulk -- or Hulk will smash!
- Friend said he would watch over Hulk! Friend is not here! Then friend must already be...dead!
- Hulk wants to go...home!
- Men will not harm woman!
- I can't believe this nightmare is still going on! I thought it was over...I thought I was dead! But I'm not...I'm here, wherever here is--still alive...still half man, half Hulk!
- What has done this to Hulk? Hulk wants to know! Hulk wants to KNOW!
- Y'know, I never liked you! You were Banner's friend--not mine!
- Scared is for humans! I'm the Hulk!
- I hate fighting stupid robots! You don't scream or bleed or nothing! It's no fun!
- I'll KILL you!
- You never could take me, Grimm.
- I take a vacation and everything hits the fan.
- Woo. A dozen tough guys. Doesn't look good for me, does it?
- Yeah. You better watch it, babe--or I'll bleed on you.
- Your strength--is nothin'! My breath is stronger than you!
- Please... Don't let this happen... Please ... Give me a shred of happiness...
- You're such a jerk, Samson.
- This is your brains. This is my fist. This will be your brains on my fist.
- Honey, I'm home.
- Look at them all... walking around with their heads hung. Ashamed to even look at each other. Disgusting.
- I think you should know that I find the prospect of littering the landscape with you very distasteful. You're just grunts, after all. So believe my sincerity when I say to you...let us reason together.
- We interrupt this program to bring you a special bulletin. Farnoq Dahn, two-bit petty tyrant of Trans-Sabal, brought before his people and made to answer for his crimes. Film at eleven.
- Listen, lady! I'm the #$#* Hulk! And I'm not taking your @#+!, okay! It was a #*%*! accident! Got it?!
- You were playing a blues riff on the harmonica, do you remember? That day on the atom bomb testing range, all those years ago. "That'll Be The Day That I Die". Ironic, considering.
- Let her fear me! Let 'em all fear me! Maybe they got good reason to! 'Cause they're only humans -- but I'm -- the Hulk!
- You shot the Hulk into space. Exiled him to the other side of the universe. And within a year he was back here in gladiator armor smashing you all to pieces. If Tony were around, he'd tell you. The Hulk will return.
- That's what you get for bringing knives to a Hulk fight, Wolverine.
- All right. Get ready, kid...the world wants to meet the new Hulk. Let's hope he's finally ready for the old one.
- You already know. Lies. I've deceived all of you. Used all of you. My best friends...the heroes I most admire in the world...and my only son. Because if any of you knew all the different angles I'm playing...you'd never trust me again. But I've wrapped my brain around this a billion times...and this is the only way...the only possible chance I have to save the world...and my wife.
- Stupid. That just makes me mad. And the madder I get...the stronger I get.
- ...This fight is over. We are all Warbound now. Embrace your brothers. Or I'll kill you myself.
- The people said I was the Sakaarson. Come to save them and unite them. But I was the World Breaker all along. I just didn't know you were too. Stupid humans, with your stupid shuttle. Can't you do anything right? I wanna die. I wanna burn into nothing. But with your bomb, you just made me stronger. The strongest one there is. The only one there is. Give-- them-- back! Give! Them! BACK! Give her back.
- He's scared. And he ain't the only one either.... Not with what you've let loose in here. We all are.
- Here I am, you psycho! Come and get me!
- You can't break a man who's already been broken.
- Stupid-hair man zaps Hulk! Hulk does not like being zapped!
- I keep seeing this green creature - a huge, great, muscled monstrosity that's just screaming and screaming with pain. I get the feeling... it's chasing after me, trying to kill me.
- Wonder what other weirdness this stupid island's got?
- Face it, runt...not as sharp as you used t'be. Some' of us...on the other hand... are still...incredible.
- Go on. Ask twice. I dare you.
- I know exactly what I am. And if you have any brains at all, you'll shut the hell up and let me walk away... before I kill your whole stupid planet.
- You tried to kill us with swords and spears. You tried to kill us with bombs. You tried to kill us with your stupid Spikes. But that just made us mad. So get ready, Red King. Now we're coming for you.
- Ah, that's right, I forgot. You're not the monster anymore, are you? I am.
- Banner smash!
- You hate being alone... well don't worry, old friend. You'll never be alone again
- Punisher! Shoot me in the face! You gotta keep me angry! You wouldn't like me when I'm not angry!
- Think I expected anything different? We're all Hulks, now. You knew something was gonna get broken.
- You want me to get into a shuttle. So you can shoot me into space.
- No. If you go up there, he'll kill you. Or you'd be forced to kill him. And then I'd kill you. You're staying right here with the rest of the little people, Rogers.
- That's when I realized what Jen brings to the table. What makes her an essential part of this family. She may be able to get by...even thrive in modern society. And she may be a clown, and a general pain in the butt. But when it comes down to it, Jen is a lawyer, a good lawyer. She looks for every angle, every truth, half-truth and lie before she makes a decision. While every other Hulk reacts first and thinks later, using blind anger as a guide... It's Jen who sees that not everything is black and white.
- I tend to see transformations in terms of anger, but what drives Rick is guilt. He can't convice himself that isn't responsible for the Hulk. Even though I made the bomb. It's all on me. Now he runs towards every big threat, always recreating that day, solving it over and over. Is that healthy? I don't know that I'm qualified to say. I'm a physicist. All I know is he's going to do it whether I want him to or not...and it makes him happy. There's got to be room for a happy Hulk somewhere, right?
- You and Amadeus defeated the Chaos King. Repaired the universe. Saved the lives of billions of mortals. And restored Olympus. ... But you forgot about the Hulks. ... Rick's horribly injured, he needs to be healed. Betty's insane, in her Red She-Hulk form, she's crazier than the Hulk. She needs to be cured. And Korg...and Skaar...just need to find a place where they can belong. I've tried, and I'll keep trying, using science or muscle or whatever I can. But I'm...I'm so tired. And you're...you're just brimming over with all this ridiculous magic. Fix it. Fix us.
- Sorry for butting in...but when I get angry...I just can't control myself.
- The name's Banner. Bruce Banner.
- Due respect, agent, but none of your behavioral scientists are ever going to understand the Hulk better than me. And the Hulk loves puppies.
- Though it was nice to have a conversation with my LAWYER that I knew for a change wouldn't be MONITORED. The deal is THIS: S.H.I.E.L.D. provides me LAB RESOURCES, and they can use the HULK. But Daredevil--a.k.a. lawyer MATT MURDOCK--is my FAILSAFE. I have him on retainer because I've given him a SECRET DEPOSIT that's my INSURANCE. Hill knows that if S.H.I.E.L.D. CROSSES me Matt Murdock makes it PUBLIC--and turns this entire country UPSIDE DOWN in a cataclysm that will brong that U.S. goverment to its KNEES. So why do I have thiss feeling... that my day in court is coming SOON...?
- Ha! Sword beats stupid ray!
- They all try to tell me that Betty was on site all along. When I explain that Zarrko's meddling in time temporarily ERASED her, they make clucking noises and act like I'm crazy. I'm not. Maybe because I was at the CENTER of that whole chronal maelstrom, I remember the events of the last few days in a way no one ELSE seems to. As far as DIRECTOR HILL is concerned, time's been RIGHTED. Restored to its PROPER FLOW. All the missing, time-displaced souls we set out to RESCUE are safe and SOUND. And me? I'm okay. The reigning theory is that when Hulk broke the time barrier on his own, the shock waves rewrote all the fast-building contradictions and paradoxes in his--MY--history. Everything's just as it WAS. Except it ISN'T. There's a dangling thread left hanging. I can feel it. It's like an ITCH in my BRAIN. Something about my past...some tiny detail... has CHANGED. But I can't zero IN on it. All I can do is pray that it wasn't especially SIGNIFICANT.
- Poor Jessup was gone. In his place, a monster. I could feel for him.
- Time and again, I see it play out BEFORE me. Someone-- --not ALWAYS me-- --loses his or her TEMPER in a split-second of FURY-- and makes the WRONG ENEMY.
- Instant karma-balancing. Hulk smashes. Banner builds.
- I'm proud to say I've put S.H.I.E.L.D. resources to good use for the world. Which is surprising, as I managed to improve myself not at all. I keep swearing it's all about "Hulk destroys, Banner builds," but... But this last episode... Jessup becomes a monster because he broke quarantine to look for me because the Hulk escaped... Because the Avengers tried to disable my bomb because I built it hastily... Because I needed the credit. All those years on the run, I didn't grow up much. But I know I can do better than that. I will do better. From here on out, I leave the jealousy and the bitterness all behind me. Starting now.
- What do you MEAN there's no Internet connection? Damn it!
- Hulk... Hulk... WORTHY!
- Then I haven't beaten my curse after all.
- I'm gonna see you join your buddies in robot heaven.
- You called me... Hulk? Hulk doesn't know where he comes from! Doesn't know where he's going! He only knows Hulk goes where he wants -- and anyone who gets in Hulk's way -- HULK SMASHES!
- Yeah...what do you do for an encore?
- Man said Hulk 'looks dumb,' but men act dumb. Maybe Hulk acts dumb, too, sometimes. Hulk always thinks all humans bad -- thinks everything humans do is bad. But humans a lot like Hulk -- sometimes hurt -- sometimes help.
- This probably wasn't my smartest idea. I-I've doomed everyone in here.
- Banner. I know what we are. I know what lies within us. I know what we once were. I know what we must become. Evolve Hulk or will die!
- That's the thing, what no one ever understands. It's never been me, it's never about control. It's simpler. Hulk is the strongest one there is.
- They will hound me no longer! For now the Hulk will fight back! ... on my own terms!
- After all these years... men still don't know their puny weapons can't hurt Hulk!
- Now tell me I'm no different!
- You are strong, Thing! But not as strong as the Hulk! Nothing is as strong as the Hulk!
- Hulk is the strongest one there is!
- Bug-Eyes is Hulk's friend. Hulk knows that. Hulk will help Bug Eyes and Goat-Face.
- Tony Stark. My "friend." You sabotaged the Gamma Bomb, Tony. You made me into the Hulk!
- Caught with my blasted purple pants down on this one!
- Hulk is Hulk -- not Wendigo. Hulk doesn't even know what Wendigo is. And Hulk doesn't hurt people who don't hurt him.
- Stupid, puny soldiers! Still you hunt Hulk! Try to capture Hulk! Don't you realize by now -- Hulk is the strongest one there is?!
- Crush Hulk -- ?! Nobody crushes Hulk!
- There's such a bond between them--so much love and affection. Exactly what I never shared with my own father.
- Does "Worship" mean smash? 'Cause Hulk has sure smashed Thor a few times... And he says he's a god.
- Hulk believes golden man. Always for golden man... Hulk is strong and brave... ...strongest one there is... ...strong and brave...
- You, you're like a buzzing in my ears calling for the Hulk. Well now you got him. So show yourself.
- So from now on, if you have a problem with me, you say it to my face. And if you can't tell it to me-- then you can tell it to the mountain.
- Okay... I'm a nuclear physicist, not a psychiatrist... but the way I see it, my sin has always been anger. That's how I react to trauma and isolation. But you're built a little differently. When bad things happen to you... you get angry or sad like everyone else... but for better or for worse, you draw your strength from something else altogether... pride.
- ...what have you done?
- I've been "cured" before. And the Hulk always found a way back. I have to keep focus. Stay in control. Slow my breathing. Lower my heart rate. Push down these boiling emotions... because no matter what those machines say, I can still feel him, just under the skin... or can I?
- When I was four, I saw my father kill my mother. And years later, I killed him. I didn't mean to. But I did it. I've got that kind of anger inside. That kind of capacity. But you... you have your own problems. And your Hulk's gonna have his own problems as a result. And you may not love everything you learn about yourself. But you're not a... you're not a monster. You're not me, Amadeus. You're not me.
- Now that Pee-Wee's not stinkin' the place up, we can concentrate on savin' our friends.
- Very soon, Skaar is going to kick you. When you regain consciousness, you'll be in the next state over -- and you'll have forgotten both how and where you found us. Is that understood?
- So I'm asking you a question. If you'd been there, when they were debating whether to RUIN MY LIFE...how would you have voted?
- You consider this YOUR fault, Xavier. And my guess is, you should. You're already living in Hell.
- I didn't come here for a whisper. I wanna hear you scream.
- Her name was Caiera. And I hear her voice all the time
- Remember this, puny humans. We came here for justice, not murder. So no one on your planet has died by our hands. And no one will. But we'll make sure no one on Earth will ever forget what you are. Liars. Traitors. And killers.
Conversations with Bruce Banner (Earth-616)
What did they want? And if they were us in the future, if they killed us in the past, wouldn't they be killing themselves? My head hurts.
Bigger question... If they're gone, you know what that means? Cake!
- — A + X #1
Little man leaps around like frog! Why doesn't little man fight-- like Hulk!
Are you kidding? Mister, you'd snap me in two!
Then little man is afraid of Hulk!
You ever get a good look at yourself, friend?
Goochi-goo, cuddles. Remember me? I'm the cut-up who ruined your fun with that dam--remember?
You! Yes, Hulk remembers, you made Hulk angry! Hulk still angry!
Yeah, well...I was counting on that...I think.
You mean you came here just to fight me? WHY?!
Best reason in the world Web-Head! BUCKS!
Eyes of Oshtur!
By the Hadean Chimes!
Is fuzzy-hair coming too? Hulk is sorry about hitting little man!
How can I turn down an offer like that?
The Monsters say you're afraid of them, Hulk. They say they're stronger then you- and that your mother wears combat boots!
The Incredible Hulk
Monsters said WHAT?!
Hulk is bigger! Hulk is stronger!
Mebbe so ... But I'm a heckuva lot faster ... and I ain't exactly a flyweight myself!
I half expected to be dealing with Banner in Hulk's body, but not even Banner would have a haircut that dumb.
Lose the fashion advice, Ross. Stick to deserting your country.
We're not just weapons, we're people too, dammit!
Well, "A-Bomb," I have bad news: If there's anything more unstable than weapons, it's people.
Photos! No way! Cost you another forty points...
You just said "Thirty-five"! You're supposed to go up in a negotiation, moron!
I'm not interesed in matching muscles with a muredering monster, Dr. Banner, I only want to stop Wendigo from killing again!
Nothing wrong with that Langkowski! I just wanted to have a little pleasure in the process! The pleasure of possessing--and consciously controlling--more power the i've ever know in my life!
But you've the Hulk for years!
Not me, Doctor--Not Bruce Banner! I've always been the puny, helpless man inside the monster! Today, Bruce Banner is The Incredible Hulk
You're going after them, now? Does that mean I'm not the enemy--that now we're on the same side?
Hero of the Day
King says who enemy is!
Aren't you starting to wonder if maybe your king is wrong?
That's all I'm afraid of--gettin' beat like you beat me before!
Then why fight me at all? We have no quarrel!
I gotta fight you! If I don't, Modok'll punish me!
Magician?! Come out, magician--or Hulk will tear magician's house down around his ears!
That is neither possible nor necessary, friend Hulk, for I am here...what help would you have...of Dr. Strange?
Hulk will smash magician!
That is what you say, Hulk. though that is not what you truly want.
What is Hulk doing in this place?
Tearin' up the town an' having' a heckuva good time, right, green-guy?
No! Hulk came to save girl! Girl is gone! Hulk wants to leave this place!
Well, well, well. Banner was wrong. You're not S.H.I.E.L.D. You're the X-Men.
We're not the X-Men anymore. We're X-Terminators, we all change, don't we, Hulk?
Oh, yeah. X-Men. X-Terminators. Well, it really don't matter. 'Cause now you'll be--X-tinct!
Hulk...I don't know about this. Even if SHIELD is corrupt, even if the government is making gamma bombs...which I doubt...why do you assume they'd stoop to killing Bruce Banner?
That's easy. Because I'm totally corrupt. And that's what I would do.
Hi "Dad". The Hulk said I could go with him, and that if you didn't like it we could--what was that again?
Level the place.
Yeah, that's right. Level the place.
What, you're gonna stop me by tossin' concrete? So congratulations. Now I'm concrete. Now what?
Now I do what I always do to concrete. Pulverize it!
The Amazing Spider-Man
Look, fella... Just stay down there and you won't get hurt.
Don't worry about it, Hotshot. You stay where you are. I'll come up!
This is the Green-Skinned Goliath?
No! This is the hacked off Hulk!
And he's talking too! Isn't there anything you can count on? Is nothing sacred?
I'm not the Thing, you idiot! I'm Ms. Marvel!
Figures you'd---unh--change your name. Could'a been worse. You could'a called yourself She-Thing.
You think you're funny, don't you?
No! It's too close to the change! That's Banner thinking! But I'm the Hulk! And the Hulk doesn't roll over for anybody!
Oh yeah? Roll over! Fetch! Sit up!! Beg! Beg!!
No..begging...never again...kill you...I'll k--
Ho Ho Ho. You've been a very bad dimwit this year. Santa's going to have to turn you into Christmas mulch.
Shuddup! I liked you better when you had a ten word vocabulary!
Always satisfying, cleaning house, isn't it? Now then, Elloe Kaifi, highblood traitor of the empire...do you prefer incineration or decapitation?
How 'bout option three? ...Kicking your %$*.
Fin Fang Foom
Tremble, little green mortal! For I am he whose limbs shatter mountains and whose back scrapes the sun! I am he before whom all sentient beings in the Andromeda Galaxy once bowed and feared my might! I am Fin Fang Foom, exiled ruler of the Makluan! This island is the staging area for our invasion of this world! And you shall be the first to kneel in fear!
Yeah. That'll happen.
As for the monsters of this island: Mindless Ones, "borrowed" from a neighboring dimension to aid in my shadow plays. Well? Have you nothing to say?
Yeah. You're boring the crap out of me. Leaving now.
Let us be Warbound. In life and death, the oath that cannot be broken. He was Lavin Skee, protector of Elloe Kaifi and hero of our second trial. We who honor him speak our true names and bind to each other forever. Hiroim the Shamed, shadow warrior and Saka priest.
Miek. Unhieved, last-one-living.
No-Name, warrior-prime of Broodworld.
Korg of Krona, son of O-Korg and Ahna. Brother-killer of Margus.
Yes, Warbound...whatever may come.
I must return to the stars. Will you come?
Huh. Back when we first met, that's all I wanted. I hated the stupid humans. They never left me alone. Then I saw you in the sky, thought you were a flying saucer. I wanted to catch you, make you take me away to another world.
I'm sorry. If I had known... Let me take you now.
You don't get it. I'm finally here.
Two-hands...what saying you?
Why ask me? You know what you want. You brought us here to get it.
But what...what would you doing?
I'd never stop making them pay.
You've lost the stone man and your shadow. Your strength and strategy. You lead an army of angry children.
Angry's worked pretty good for me so far.
Ever since I was born, I've been fighting. Fighting for survival. For sanity. For control. For years, I fought against my own nature. I fought to be free of what I thought was a curse. But now... Now I fight to be whole.
Ever since I was first spat into this world, I've had to fight for everything I've ever gotten. I fought to be born. To be left alone. To be free. But now I just fight to be who I am. Whatever the hell that might be. Tomorrow I might wanna kill Bruce Banner all over again, but right now... He's all I got.
Monica, one last time...can you remember exactly what Betty wished for?
I...I don't know. But monsters were involved.
Why is it only our wishes get screwed up?
Quit whining...and get the puny humans out of the way. I'll do the rest.
Hey, Banner! Come on, man! You think you're special? You're not! Everybody on the planet feels the way you do! We're all angry. We're all crazy. We all wish we could blame it on a monster inside of us. But we all deal with it. Just like you do. For pete's sake, man, you're a freaking hero! I've seen it! A hundred times over! So why...why can't you just take what you've earned?
'Cause I'll break it.
Funny...I had the same problem. 'Til I remembered...you don't break so easy.
You had to make me mad, completely get it. But. Do you have to be so good at it?
That particular talent rarely serves me well.
Hey bub, long time no see!
Yeah? Not long enough for my money! And the name is Hulk, not "bub"!
Are you sure it ain't "Mr. Fixit"?
Always the clever one, eh, Wolverine? As I remember it, you've gone through some name changes yourself!
I suspect you won because you had no brain large enough for him to grab onto -- to paralyze.
The Incredible Hulk
What? Are you trying to insult Hulk?
Stupid dinosaur, don't you know Hulk is strongest one there is?
BY THE BRISTLING BEARD OF ODIN!! Thou dost not fall! What manner of being art thou??! I, who can see a hummingbird's wing, though he be a universe away... I, who can hear the rustling of a leaf within some distant galaxy... Never have I witnessed so mighty a mortal!
So... you can hear a leaf when it trembles! If your ears are that sensitive... Let's see what this does to them! (double fist pounds the Bifrost Bridge, stunning Heimdall and sending him flying with the resultant shockwaves)
For the first time in ages... invincible Heimdall hath been suddenly overcome!
Nobody stops the Hulk!
- Hulk is... sorry. Didn't mean to land on fence. Hulk will... Hulk will fix fence if human will stop yelling at ... Wait! What is Hulk doing? Puny human yells at Hulk -- and Hulk just lets him? Bah! Get out of Hulk's way, puny human -- before Hulk loses his temper!
- --The Hulk
- Bah! How does Wendigo think he can hurt Hulk with just one tree -- when Hulk can throw whole forest at Wendigo?
- --The Hulk
- Hulk SMASH!
- --The Hulk
- The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets!
- --The Hulk
Pages in category "Bruce Banner (Earth-616)/Quotes"