Quotes by Anthony Stark (Earth-616)
- There's a whole new master of magnetism in town.
- The Avengers were almost killed by a monster who could possibly destroy the entire planet. The one chance we have of defeating this new enemy -- and your bigotry gets him killed on a suicide mission.
- Yeah, well, I'm saving the world from Carol. We're at war, Phil. And everyone's gonna have to choose a side. I want you and your team on mine. I want your help to stop Carol before any more blood gets on her hands. Think about it.
- Is that because you're the best, or because you're having an affair with the boss's wife behind his back?
- We have no funds, we have no equipment, and at any moment Ultron or Kang or somebody could come gunning for us. With that said -- who wants to join me as an Avenger?
- ...there's one last little thread to be taken care of, so I'll go and attend to it and leave you to... polish his silverware
- Once you've read it over, give me your thoughts. And pack your bags--because we're going to Washington.
- In everyone's life, Peter, there's an 'it'... your wife leaves you, or you get cancer. There's your life before 'it' and your life after 'it.' 9/11 was an 'it' of national magnitude. And Stamford... is going to be another one.
- Any direct help I gave to you could be tracked back to me. I could be held liable for aiding and abetting a known criminal. It would undermine everything I've been trying to build since the war. The stakes are bigger than you, or me...or even May.
- Everything I've done, everything I'll do today, everything I'll ever do, I do to protect this world. [...] When I put on this armor, I took on more power than any human was ever intended to have... and maybe more responsibility than my heart can truly bear. But today... I will do my job. I will protect you. No matter what it takes...
- Poor Vanko! He sacrificed his life to prove his loyalty to our nation! He shall never be forgotten!
- In my experience, "Stark boy saves the world" has a good ring to it. It could suit you too, Arno.
- You asked us to build a city fit for gods. This is better.
- Patriotism doesn't automatically equal conservatism.
- Forgive me, Marilla -- but you, like this morning's surprise -- had to die.
- I vote we disband the Avengers West Coast.
- You know, Cap...being Avengers Chairman isn't all it's cracked up to be.
- A hail Mary pass in the form of enough antibiotic to treat the entire cast of Jersey Shore.
- I know everything. I can't help it.
- My kingdom for a Radio Shack. ... 3.8 design. 3.8 design. Yeah, yeah, I remember now. Digital fingerprint lock sequence. Ah. There we go. The self repair kit. I do love me sometimes. ... Actually, my kingdom for a coffee.
- That would be a certain Thunder God. Oh...you better run.
- All those things...All the things I said and did--I'm--I'm so, so sorry. I know that's not enough, but I hope you will allow me the chance to earn your friendship back. I don't deserve it...I just hope you let me. I'm not as good at--at anything as I am when I'm doing it next to you. And that's the truth.
Wait! Before we separate, the Wasp and I have something to say! Each of us has a different power! If we combined forces, we could be almost unbeatable!
Work as a team? Why not? I'm for it!
There is much good we might do!
I'm sick of bein' hunted and hounded! I'd rather be with you than against you! So, whether you like it or not, I'm joining the... the... Hey! What are you callin' yourselves?
That's right! We need a name! It should be something colorful and dramatic, like... the Avengers, or...
"Or" nothing! That's it! The Avengers!!
We'll fight together, or separately, if need be!
I pity the guy who tries to beat us!
We'll never be beaten! For we are... the Avengers!
- Get your hands off me, Thunder God! I've got a lot of debts to pay today!
- It has to be this way! The ranks of the Avengers will always need replenishing! The old must ever give way to the new!
- I've reason to believe that the man who reconstructed Ultron was...MYSELF!
I tell you we've got to find the Hulk! So long as he's running wild, there's no telling what he'll do!
Iron Man is right! So says Thor!
But how do we find him??
He's one joker you can't find in the classified ads!
- The Supreme Intelligence won't threaten anyone ever again...he will never KILL again.
- Mr. Stark is determined that all Access to the Mansion be blocked by today.
- Becoming an Avenger is not a right... but a privilege!
- Three? Why would the computer read your hammer as sentient?
- I've been held by terrorists before. And this time, friend, unlike you-- I'm prepared.
- Sorry, Tony...but Captain America's more important than you... Let's just hope I can keep him alive long enough...for Panther to get him out.
- I can create a world without war. I can make a world without alcohol or drugs. Without hate or jealousy. But then it wouldn't be the world we live in. Nothing would be learned, nothing would be gained. We wouldn't advance as species.
- Hail H.A.M.M.E.R.!
- I promise I will explain it all when we get back. I will draw you pictures, I will use puppets...but for right now, you have to just listen to me.
- Scary, right? Wait until you hear the bad news.
- It is coming here. The Phoenix Force is headed towards Earth.
- [The Black Panther] knows all of my secrets -- including the Iron Man armor.
- Panther-- The Avengers -- your teammates -- are due some explanation.
- Let's see who is truly divine, "Thor"
- Our most honored freedom fighter, struck down in his prime--
- I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon.
- Steve asked me to save him, and if THIS doesn't do it, I don't know WHAT will. And anyway...he's already got the shield.
- All right, sport. Let's destroy the Mighty Avengers...
- Well then, Mr. Cage... Welcome back to the real Avengers.
- Declaring an end to all war? Enforcing peace on earth? That's not the Mar-Vell we knew. He's clearly hurting, but he's out of control. He's dangerous... And we can't have that.
- Hello. My name is Tony Stark and I am an alcoholic. And now it's time to come clean.
- To do what I needed to do to win this quickly-- I knew that meant you and I would probably never speak again. Or be friends again. Or partners again. I told myself I was okay with it because I knew I was right and I--I knew it was saving lives. It was!! It was the right thing to do! And--and--and I was willing to get in bed with people we despise to get this done. And I knew the world favors the underdog and that I would be the bad guy. I knew this and I said it was okay with it. And--and even though I said... Even though I said I was willing to go all the way with it... I wasn't. And--and I know this because the worst has happened. The thing I can't live with has happened. And for all our back and forth--and all the things we've said and done to each other... For all the hard questions I've had to ask, and terrible lies I've had to tell... There's one thing that I'll never be able to tell anyone now. Not my friends or my co-workers or my President... The one thing!! The one thing I should have told you. But now I can't... It wasn't worth it.
- And the world still needs the Avengers.
- Karnak, I thought about you. I did. I thought about you. This thing you do -- being able to detect structural weaknesses in things. In your opponents. As an engineer, I don't think I ever told you how much I admire that. Sorry I don't have any.
- Until my backup battery charges, I've got nothing. I'm the Very Vincible -- Iron Man.
- Elektra was the first casualty of the Skrull invasion, gentlemen. I won't let you make her the last.
- The stronger I make my armor, the longer I live! And I must live on! There is so much unfinshed work the be done!
- Whatever made these creatures attack seems to be contagious... I'd better go find my "bodyguard".
- I...I think he just made me a sandwich.
- I hope we're close, you should see the heating bill for my armor...
- Prayer? You're going to pray? Who would you be petitioning precisely? Me? God? And what did God say to the people of Paris as you turned them into stone? When they said help me lord as you destroyed one of the greatest cities on Earth. Did God answer them? You know they say in certain rooms that God answers every prayer. Just most days, he says 'no.' ... That's not today. Today, God said something else entirely. Lucky you. Lucky us.
- It's the end of an era. The West Coast Avengers are through and this sad ruin is our only memorial.
- Going into action alongside the Avengers again after all this time feels strange... Almost wrong!
- My Friends, I'm... so sorry, but... Hawkeye is a killer.
- And don't worry, Kang-- ...I'll play my part in this to the end.
- No! I can't accept this! We've been functioning for less than 6 hours! We haven't even formally inaugurated the team yet......and they're all dead or missing!
- The Scatter are interstellar scavengers. They move from world to world, devouring as they go. If Century is right, we're in for one nasty visit.
- You cynic, Hank Pym. Agent's not as bad as everyone thinks...
- The weather's always killed people. I just figured out how to make it kill whomever I wanted.
- I'd bet there's quite a woman behind that mask!
- You're going blind, Clint.
- This is where you say 'yes'. And I say 'welcome to the Avengers, Dennis!'
- Professor Ho Yinsen was the hero here. He distracted the guards to save me. You get it? He died saving me! A--A better man than I ever thought of being! My whole life!
- We all make mistakes... ...it's what makes us human.
- Your drug of choice, Doctor... ...is rage. Over your rough childhood. Failed marriage. All the bad hands you've been dealt over the years, and you've suffered quite a string. Like most addictions, the Hulk is both cause and cure for your problems. Giving into him delivers release. At first. But then pain. Always pain.
- And that we Avengers must now do what we have long dreaded... ...and join our power in battle against the Hulk... ...and, if we must, destroy him!
- It worked...! I mean-- of course, it worked!
- Well, if I run, that's not cool. And if I stay and get tasered... that's not cool either. I'm in a bit of a pickle.
- If I could arrest you for messing me up for all women, I'd do it... but I'll settle for illegal trade of illegal weapons to known international terrorists.
- Did you find my real parents?
- My biggest nightmare has come true: Iron Man 2.0 is here... and I'm not the one that made it.
- Well. No turning back now.
- You know damn well nobody's too big to go away when the right people are angry at you. And these people are very, very angry at me.
- It's all happening now. Chunks of stuff just...go. I can't remember any of third grade. I can't remember the names of any particular cars. They're all just..."cars." I have thirty-three cars all over the world but I can't remember a single name of a single one. But I know I have thirty-three.
- I can't believe this thing ever moved an inch, let alone saved my life. But you, Mr. Bright-and-shiny-- You're the key.
- I found what I almost always find: Genocidal goons with guns. Your tax dollars pay me to beat the hell out of people like this. (I decline the paycheck by the way.) The job is its own reward...
- I am Iron Man... What now?
- C'mon. Let's do something insane like save the world.
- This isn't the first time in my life I've done things I clearly thought were amazing at the time only to come to and find I'd actually laid waste to my life.
- Pepper, dammit--
- Yes. Yes, I did. And it was as mean and pretty and venal a thing as I've ever done. And only you and I knew about it.
- Fifty-eight people, Stane. Fifty-eight more people dead in my name because of you... because of me.
- Hi, my name's Tony and I'm an alcoholic.
- They're not statues. I keep telling myself again and again. They're bodies. We're not blowing up rocks or bad public art. These are people.
- This isn't a bad guy. This isn't a villain. This is something monstrous and magical. Beyond science; beyond reason. This is the face of a miracle. A real and true and tragic-beyond-imagination miracle.
- I tell myself -- that I hate being drunk again. Well. It's just not true. Because I'm enjoying the hell out of it.
- If I ever get out of here, everything will be different. Everything.
- I'll have you know I was playing a very unimportant game of chess right now with a man that kept saying "king me."
- I quit, General. I quit being Iron Man, effective immediately. You win.
- Mandarin's Titanomech is almost done. In the morning, Ezekiel... You and I go to war.
- Gentlemen. It's the five of us versus all of them for the entire world. Fight hard.
- Who said anything about fun?
- Things are about to get bright.
- Tell you a secret about your dad, Ezekiel. He was crazy, too.
- These kinds of things just kill property values stone dead.
- My point is -- in Norman Osborn -- we don't have a bunch of dropouts and failures calling the shots. We've actually got a real, dyed-in-the-wool, mustache-twirling looney-toon running the show.
- My new armor. I finally found a way to merge all my different armor modes into one. Armor that can change shape and color scheme based on mission stats. Armor not attached to my biology in that way that freaks just about everybody out but is completely attached to my brain synapses. I have to take this out.
- I'm not insane, Maria. I know where I am. I know who I am. I know who you are. I know what you're going to say. I know what this looks like. I know Carol Danvers is watching me from the 7K-3 Orbiting Reconnaissance Satellite wondering the same thing you are: What am I going to do next? And the Inhumans are bracing for war with me. Because pulling this building down was either an act of terror or an act of war. I'm going with war. Not to brag, but... when I quit manufacturing and inventing weapons for a living, I was the standard to which all others aspired. Okay, that was a big brag, but my point is... do you know how quickly I could remove the entirety of the Inhuman Royal Family and that eyesore of a city they run around in from the planet? But it won't bring my best friend back. It won't change the fact that half my friends have betrayed me. I know. I know what I can do next, but I don't, man, I don't know what I should do. Rhodey would know. There's a fifteen-year-old girl in Chicago that knows. But I-- I--
- My point is, I respect you, truly, and it's so hard to fight you on this thing. Even after Rhodey, even after Banner... it's so hard to fight you because I respect you. Because I love you. But... you're so wrong on this. So wrong.
- Also, now I have a sword. That is the opposite of a good time to retreat.
- Are you sure your name isn't supposed to be Doctor Cryptic?
- You could save the world from Galactus, Thanos, and A.T.M. charges and it still wouldn't make up for all the $%#$% you've done in your life, Doom. It wouldn't change one thing.
- In the beginning was the word, and the word was...stop. This insanity. Now.
- If he was changed into a god, he can be changed back! Ngghh! A little science, a little magic... a match made in heaven.
- The Mandarin, I presume? Your hospitality leaves a lot to be desired.
- I will come back. We'll all come back. We left too much of ourselves on the Moon. Too many dreams. Too many future. One day, we have to come back for it. For all of it. One day. One day...
- ... This is a heist movie.
- I spent fifty years building Stark Universal into the global juggernaut it is today. Fifty years battling bombs, bullies and buyouts. Only to have a more subtle enemy slip through my defenses when I wasn't looking. Time.
- When I was a kid, I didn't share the toys very well. Had a bad incident with some lincoln logs -- point is I've been holding back on you. You deserve better.
- I'm recovered enough to feel hatred towards the one responsible for all this -- and to want revenge on MODOK!
- Part of me wants to pulverize that woman! But another part knows that her ends are noble. Even if her means are misguided.
- You clearly know nothing about me, so here's a short bio for you. I used to make weapons for a living. I sold things that killed people. All I do is think about the lives I've destroyed. The only thing that used to give me a break from it was alcohol. But that only made things worse. You know what I learned, though, from all that drinking? That it's real easy to blame everyone else for what's gone wrong with your life. That's what I used to do, until the day I finally woke up and realized... Buddy, you brought this on yourself.
- To dad, wealth was everthing... while I never paid much attention to it.
- You fat, stinking swine!
- Isn't this enough Mandarin? Can't you see what your mad schemes of conquest cost?
- I'm no spy, sir Lyan -- I'm an ally!
- As an Avenger, its my duty to safeguard Earth.
- Welcome to the NEW Stark International!
- You're lucky you're only facing the second most powerful Avenger, robot!
- Tony, m'man, this just hasn't been your day!
- Nick Fury and SHIELD have been my allies for years! My friends! And I still don't know why they'd want to trash Tony Stark. But they're not up against Stark any more -- they're up against Iron Man! And by God, they're going to -- know it!
- ... Hadn't we better get stared on this second bottle of bubbly before it loses its fizz?
- I still love my country, Nick and I fight for it... in my own way.
- Get another guinea pig, madman!
- If I knew you went around in outfits like that, Ling, I'd be around all the time.
- OK, Endotherm Enough is Enough! I'm tired of playing your games!
- I'm not up on my voodooo lore, but nothing I heard about it involved radioactivity.
- You can give up... or my repulsor can take your head off!
- All right Martinelli, give me the story fast!
- All right Pithins, what's going on?
- Better think again, Mauler!
- I'm in trouble.
- Mrs. Arbogast, I'm back among the living.
- Sometimes I wonder which is the real me... this splendid metal skin I've created -- or the frail thing of flesh that wears it.
- I'm tired of being a hero. I want to relax and have some fun.
- It's a bit early -- but Cheers!
- Thanks for showing me how hard it is ... for forcing me to realize alcohol is my problem.
- I'd bet there's quite a woman behind that mask!
- I've been killing myself for years. That's not news. But I'm going to stop.
- Uh, Rhodey, the armor already has magnetic capacity.
- I think you're seriously disturbed! I think you need help!
- I -- am not -- Iron Man!
- I'm going to Bethany!
- ... Is it a job for Iron Man?
- So, it has come to this.
- Mister, you may not talk, but you will give me information. You'll write it, or type it, or beat it out in Morse code... or send it in smoke signals -- but give it you will!
- There's only one way I can make up for the damage I've caused, and thats to liberate Boca Caliente.
- You are stupid. Cruel. And a loser.
- The odds make me feel like I'm playing against the house on the Riviera..!
- Maybe I can help!
- I'm going to get back what's mine. And Heaven help anyone who gets in my way!
- I can't explain, Steve. But I'm asking you as a friend, not to stand in my way.
- My mission has made me a criminal.
- ... The right woman can mean all the difference to a man, Cheryl.
- Ah, Rhodey. Sure, I'm swell.
- I do have a responsibility to keep my inventions from evil hands – but I have a greater responsibility to oppose that evil any way I can. So, Tony Stark may have done his bit out there, but only Iron Man can do what has to be done... So... I guess Iron Man will be around for a while.
- I'm the devil. Stealing my Soul.
- I'll check Iron Man's schedule... and see what I can do.
- It's like Bullfinch's [sic.] Mythology come to life!
- I'm here on business, Kathy.
- Can I buy you a vineyard?
- Guess I haven't been very lucky at love.
- Don't make me out to be a saint.
- That's ENOUGH Chemistro.
- My armors manueverable, --fast--and lots of fun at parties.
- Is this some kind of a joke?
- It's a cake walk ol' buddy! What could possible go wrong?
- Hardly fitting for the head of Stark Enterprises to be found parading around his office in his unmentionables... billionaire playboy image or not.
- I've no idea what's been happening to me. It may be the work of some enemy... it may be the price I have to pay for the years I abused my body... wrecked myself with alcoholism...
- I'm trapped inside this armor. Cocooned in a prison of my own creation!
- Even though I know it's every bit as mad as you say, I've got to take this fight right into their arena. And show them when they mess with Tony Stark....they mess with Iron Man!
- How are you against someone who fights back?
- Once again my Iron Man armor becomes a walking Iron Lung. A walking prison!!
- Whatever your strengths, you're still just a man. But Iron Man is more than that! Much more!
- I have only a short time left to live...
- I've got to do something about those missiles...
- Get going Clint -- before I forget you're on our side.
- Ignorant Superstitious Savages! You repulse me.
- I don't like this one bit.
- Ready or not here I come.
- Jim, someone has to carry on for me. The world needs Iron Man.
- Tony Stark may have done his bit out there, but only Iron Man can do what has to be done...
- So much to do, so little RAM.
- I won't have S.E. selling nuclear weapons capability to terrorists.
- Don't bother to clean out your desks -- You've got 15 minutes to get out of my building.
- ... The new thermo-coupling device element in my armor responded perfectly.
- Can't let it get me!
- You've picked a very bad day to screw with Stark Enterprises!
- I'm thinking of Obadiah Stane -- May he rot in Hades --
- I've an enemy lurking somewhere out there in the depths of cyberspace.
- I take back 50% of all the bad things I ever said about you.
- I don't think we can stop pollution by turning our back on technology.
- Hi, my name is Tony ... and I'm an alcoholic.
- The times they are a'changin', Jarvis.
- You could pack an awful lot of little green men into a ship this big.
- I could never... confess. There was no one to turn to all these years, knowing how it would go... where the long, slow fall into the dark would take me... what it would cost me. But I had no choice. He broke me. He broke me from the very beginning.
- ... Remember Tony Stark not for what he did ... but for what he tried.
- Holy Hannah!
- Want it or not, he's going to get that help from an Avenger named Iron Man!
- ... Don't tell me how long he's going to live -- because frankly it doesn't concern me.
- Come on fellas -- I've no time for kidding around
- Here comes Laughing Boy -- and he looks -- kind of mean!
- Will you marry me?
- Your group here keeps screaming for peace -- yet you're the first to resort to violence!
- You've been looking at it all wrong, Stark! You're not a civilian, you're a soldier -- albeit a reluctant one.
- Even this far in the future the bad guys are corny as ever.
- Call me, Tony ... Miss?
- -- I never lose! Never!
- I don't know what just happened -- but this Avenger isn't going to hold an inquiry!
- ... When I'm mad, it's all over but a body count!
- Save the polemic, Sitwell!
- Hi beautiful. Mind joining a depressed boss for a night cap?
- --This 'prison' machinery is only metal -- whereas I am -- Iron Man!
- I won't ever handle munitions work again!
- Are you a man, Spectrum? A man who lets an alien rule him?
- Eddie's become the Freak!
- This is a strange land, an environment dangerous for those unprepared for it.
- We must attack together, Sunfire!
- I'll be happy to keep ducking anything you throw!
- -- And I swear, as the man, Tony Stark-- As the Avenger fate chose to cast in the role of Iron Man-- That I will live to avenge those whose lives have been lost through the ignorance of men like the man I once was-- Or I will die trying!
- There'll be no more monsters made here!
- Just call me a cock-eyed optimist, Rambunctious... and if a Rogers and Hammerstein reference is a bit out of style for you, I'll hum a few bars of "Break on Through to the Other Side!"
- I went through all this just to get an apology?
- You mean, the longer I'm in your dimension, the crazier I get?
- I've got three candidates for the zoo...
- Just as I thought -- as ugly as ever!
- I'm alone -- the millionaire "man who has everything" is missing one all-important item -- a friend.
- This armor is strong -- the strongest alloy on Earth!
- Fall, you walking nightmare!
- Ironic then, that... my greatest failure... is my only chance. Project: Prometheus Rising. A self-contained armory and mobile life support unit. A walking, flying, invincible body armor... it destroyed my best friend's life... will it save my own?
- Oh. Real nice, Mandarin You can't even have a conversation without weighing the odds in your favour, can you?
- From where I stand -- long tails are a liability!
- If I knew that being a working stiff was this hard, I'd have given Happy and Pepper raises every month... heck, every week.
- My name is Tony Stark. I'm an ex-billionaire, ex-playboy, ex-industrialist and current human bomb.
- My name is Hogan Potts. I was once a billionaire, playboy, and industrialist by the name of Tony Stark. And now I'm a current Sherlock Holmes wanna-be.
- Shoot me? Kill me? Yeah, right.
- Thor gave me that enchanted jewel fragment in hopes that it would be a source of energy to serve mankind, but now it's become a weapon...and I may have to use it against my friend.
- Oh no you don't! No... cyanide for you... Mabel. I'm... sick of... assassins... who won't stick around... to answer questions...
- Not very patriotic of you, Sonny. You ought to let them have one of my designs that doesn't shake apart in a sonic blast!
- I went from being a man trapped in an iron suit to being a man freed by it.
- Every super hero is a potential gun... and the last time I checked, guns required registration.
- We just invented the best cell phone on Earth. We don't need military money anymore.
- He's a witness. I need to know what happened that night. I've got a very thin window of opportunity before the C.S.A. forces us to release Graviton into federal custody. Then we have nothing.
- For my next trick: locking the damn door so no one accidentally gets to see Iron Man butt naked.
- I don't have drinking buddies anymore, Dugan. Just old mistakes.
- Don't take this wrong, Dugan, but if this is the first trial of your new airborne unit -- I think you forgot some crucial equipment.
- Rahimov was right. But I was right, too. "How many have died?" he asked. "Too many", I said. But I didn't tell him the rest. What happens when you... make those decisions. All those people I've touched... I remember them. I remember them all.
- Say hello to the Iron Man, you terrorist scum.
- Mr. Mallen. Lay on the ground, hands behind your head, ankles crossed. Or I'm going to have to kill you.
- Think about it, Nick. What if war was obsolete? What if terrorism and crime, famine and disease were obsolete? Where would we be?
- What do I say? I say you take your best shot... then you watch me heal... then I take my best shot. Bub.
- My God, what have I done?
- Hi. I'm Iron Man. Want to cut to the surrender?
- 451, you don't know anything... Least of all about my family.
- In my experience, "Stark boy saves the world" has a good ring to it. It could suit you too, Arno.
- Hmm. Stalking in the dark striking fear into your enemies seems to have a kind of primal appeal. 10/10. Highly recommended. Would do again.
- You're an idiot. Life is disappointing for idiots. Even if I'm playing your game, this isn't a game.
- I'm an Avenger, Rhodey. I'm kind of a big deal Avenger, even. You may have seen me in popular adventures like saving the Earth on a daily basis.
- Now, my armor tells me that your blood alcohol is wayyyy high. Trust me. It's a bad idea to be using any powers in your state.
- Oh, little elves. Lost in the woods. Watch out... Or the Iron Man will find you.
- These are a race of immortal sadists who've been stealing kids from time. They're incapable of understanding any of the pain they've caused. But I'm going to find a way to make them understand. I'm coming for you, elf. I'm coming for you all.
- Please don't thank me. Thank the woman who managed to trick the military into funding a cure for pretty much everything thinking it was the ultimate killing machine. This is all she ever wanted. I'm the guy who spent his twenties making weapons.
- Oh, I'm always thinking. Just not always about the right things.
- I've seen so much. We all have. But really? Not nearly enough.
- Well, let's say this... The purple space girl thing has its appeal too.
- So, Tony. You killed their "God". Nice one. But don't worry. I'm sure the Voldi will just freeze you in carbonite and eventually your friends will turn up and pull you out of this mess. And then you'll get to make out with the princess. It's all going to be fine.
- Damn, Pepper, that's as preposterous as guys with spider powers or giants who eat planets.
- You're a giant green ball of anger and puberty. Of course this is how you ask for help.
- Have you never seen an Iron Man before?!
- Stark expected Reed Richards -- not some half grown teenager!
- So, you've been reduced to fighting kids now, oh mighty Ultron?
- The world needs the Avengers. The best of the best. The best and the brightest. Symbols. Icons. It's a time of healing. It's a time to tell people we're looking out for them.
- Victor von Doom...you're under arrest for crimes against humanity. ... You recognize my authority now?
- The Skrull is currently masquerading as Carol Danvers.
- By the way, I'm dying to know, why do they call you Cheeseburger? It's not some horrible physical deformity hidden by the flight suit, is it? Because that would be really depressing.
- The Avengers left a hole. The hole is filled.
- Guess we shouldn't have broken up the Avengers.
- We're at war now. There's no place for you and your games anymore. I only put up with it because Captain America believed in you. But, clearly, things are different now, and I can't afford to have you out there as a wild card. You made you choices, Jessica. You made your bed.
- Wrong? Wrong? You people... Wrong? I haven't been wrong once! There's not a single decision I've made that I would change. Unleash me? Unleash me? You should thank whatever God you worship that I'm alive to save you. Great! Walk away! It doesn't matter. You'll be back. But make sure when you do come back--because you need me-- that it's on your knees. Both of you! Repentant! Because I can't save any of you, unless you realize that you need saving! And that I'm the only one in this entire planet who can do it!
- It's C.S.I.-ron Man time.
- Oh, Bruce... Dear god, Bruce... I'm so sorry...!
- It'd kill him to know that he could have stopped it if he'd just read an e-mail. It'd kill him to know that he could have stopped it if he was less like me. Pride. It's a top-seven original sin.
- I bet you wouldn't last one day in my fantasy football league!
- A Wolverine appearance? How novel. Seriously, this is the third time I've run into you this week, Logan.
- Actually, Clay, if you don't mind... ...I'd rather debrief She-Hulk instead. Jennifer?
- I'm the most intelligent, capable person on the planet. I'm not playing God. All this time... I've been playing human. I've been doing this for you. For all of you. I have wasted so much time. So much energy. To look like you--to sound like you--so that you specks feel comfortable around me. I've been holding back, but not any more. I've changed. It's like I was blind and now I can see. Only I'm not an ungrateful $#@% about it.
- The app is not prohibitively expensive. It is within your reach. But you need to take some personal responsibility. You need to try harder. You need to earn more. You need to be better. You need to be superior. It's time to wake up, San Francisco.
- I'm trying to work out, if I was you, would I see anything in me worth saving? Or would I be too concerned about my own existence to care?
- Have you never seen an Iron Man before?!
Then I'll see you next Saturday night...that is, unless you stand me up!
Any girl who'd stand you up, darling, would have to be stark, raving ma-a-ad!
- So lady-killer Stark is just an old softie at heart! He supports charitable causes and even has time to plan amusements for orphan children!
- That's the name of a top red general, noted for his brutality! He controls this vast commie spy network, and heaven help the undercover man who flubs an assignment!
- What do I do now? Iron Man is helpless against an enemy with the ability to melt iron! And yet, without my other identity, I'm just an ordinary human... More vulnerable than most because my heart would stop without my chest plate! (...) What's the matter with me? I'm still not helpless! I've still got the greatest weapon in the world... a human brain!
How do you figger women?
Women I can figure, Happy. But Pepper... she's in a class by herself!
- Pepper and Happy, bless their hearts, were probably looking after things for me at the plant during my absence... And knowing them, someone could have stolen the whole factory from under their noses while they argue about which of them is my most alert assistant!
- Poor Vanko! He sacrificed his life to prove his loyalty to our nation! He shall never be forgotten!
- If I know my women, and nobody knows them better than Tony Stark, the Black Widow must be impatient to strike by now! And whatever she does... She'll find Iron Man ready for her this time!
- I'm sick of being Iron Man! Sick of having to wear an electronic chest plate 24 hours a day! Sick of living on borrowed time... Never knowing which moment will be my last!
- It seems that every masked, unusual criminal in the east tries to attack my weapons factory sooner or later! Every time I turn around I'm menaced by some crackpot or spy!
- Now I'd better get back to the factory before everyone realizes how well they can all get along without me!
- What cruel trick of fate is this?? I'm one of the strongest, most powerful, most feared humans on the face of the Earth! There is nothing I cannot accomplish... Nothing I would not dare! And yet, I haven't the courage to remove my iron armor... I don't dare gamble with my damaged heart! I'm a prisoner of Iron Man... Of my own creation!!
- That's one of the hazards of being a lone-wolf type of adventurer! After a while, you begin to talk to yourself!
- He...he called me boss! He knew! And still he helped me...even though I've always stood between him and Pepper...! But now...I've got to make sure he didn't sacrifice his life in vain...! While a breath still remains within me, I'll fight...I'll make this moment meaningful, old friend...I swear it! Wherever you are, Happy...I pray that you know...this is for you!
- You made the same mistake all tyrants and bullies make! You thought you'd just have to flex your muscles and show your strength, and your enemies would fall by the wayside!
- Namor! Others have always said you were a raging madman -- a murderous menace! But I never believed it -- not until now!
- My transistors are fully charged -- My armor's in perfect repair -- Your size alone can't beat me!
- Gentlemen, I am prepared to tell whatever you wish to know about Iron Man!
- Boy, will this give'em something to talk about when they get together at their next peace through strength rally!
- Who in the name of a twisted transistor are you, anyway?
- You're in luck, Doctor Solvang. I happen to be a very good Nerd-To-Asgardian translator. I'm gonna go see a man about your horse.
- I don't want to fight you, Thor! But if that's what it'll take to make you back off -- then that's what I'll do!
- I got a rundown on the Warheads weapons systems for you, Fury...but there's something you should know - But no matter how dangerous these Warheads and Mys-Tech are, believe me, they're nowhere near as dangerous as some of the things they go up against!
- They buried Captain America today. That's what most of them think, at least.
- Like I said, this doesn't make any kind of sense. Why is Logan, for all intents and purposes, brain-dead?
Conversations with Anthony Stark (Earth-616)
Okay, we bumped heads, we kibitzed... you know the third step step in team-ups, Stark?
We actually team up.
It is made of solidified air molecules... Hardened to an unbelievable degree!
My uru hammer barely chips the surface!
Magnetic repulsor rays have no effect!
The edge of my super-hard shield doesn't even dent it!
Tigra (trying to get through a shield made by the Molecule Man)
If you guys think I'm going to break my pretty claws trying to scratch my way in... go fish!
Iron Man (Tony Stark)
Vision-- Stop! Your android strength--! You'll kill him! You don't know what you're doing!
Another correction, Iron Man: My brain is a miniaturized, high-speed computer. I always know precisely what I am doing. I-- am-- killing-- him!
Actually, Cap... I have someone here you might want to talk to. Just stay there.
What did you...?
Welcome back to the Avengers...the Vision.
Okay, okay. Listen...this is delicate stuff...write this down. Make sure your biofeed readers are completely stabilized and double-check your power level on the RT-97.
Dr. Carolina Washington
Okay, okay...we're looking good with both of those.
Oh...and you're going to need a map.
Dr. Carolina Washington
A map to where?
Hell. Because you need to go there... That's my fancy way of saying: Go to hell.
I can't believe you walked right into that.
No matter what the Avengers do, half of America blames us and half the world hates us. No matter what we do, it feels like we're not doing enough. We make just as many messes as we clean up. And you know as well as I do, as mad as we were at Simon for blaming the Avengers for the world's problems... Part of us agrees with him.
Iron Man (Tony Stark)
So the question is: what do we do now?
What do we do now?
Iron Man (Tony Stark)
I know exactly what we do now.
Iron Man (Tony Stark)
We go bigger.
Exactly where were all of you three hours ago?
I was doing my nails, you?
Also working out.
Having my nails done.
I am Icarus.
You do know the point of that story is that he flew too close to the sun, right?
Do you know who thinks that way, Reed? People who have never flown.
Great. So our teleporter doesn't teleport. This is a problem, what--what are you going to do, then?
I need time.
I am going to reach out and talk to the universe. The Zeppelin helps.
You made this happen, Danvers.
That's not fair.
You chased this! You couldn't leave this @#$@#$ alone and now another one of us is gone. Who's next on your hit list, Danvers?!
So what's the general consensus?
As far as I'm concerned, Stamford was our wake-up call. What alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity. Becoming public employees makes perfect sense if it helps people sleep a little easier.
Falcon (Sam Wilson)
I can't believe I'm hearing this. The masks are a tradition. We can't just let them turn us into super-cops.
Are you kidding? We're lucky people have tolerated this for as long as they have, Sam. Why should we be allowed to hide behind these things?
Because the world ain't so nice outside your ivory tower, bub.
Any chance you could give me back the tech you stole from me?
Any chances FedEx delivers to wherever you are?
I don't know what that is but I assume that means you're being a gronad.
You had to make me mad, completely get it. But. Do you have to be so good at it?
That particular talent rarely serves me well.
If you don't believe me... You and I once time-travelled back to the days of King Arthur and had quite a rousing adventure. I always look back on that quite fondly.
You tried to murder me and leave me there.
I said I looked back on it fondly, I didn't say you did.
Why do you have Peter Parker's emergency private number?
Mary Jane Watson
Are you his biological father?
Mary Jane Watson
Then it's not that complicated.
What's the skinny?
My suit has an A.I.
Cool. My spider glows for no apparent reason. Tell her I said hi.
How did you know my A.I. is a woman?
I know you. And I saw 2001. No computer will ever have a man's voice again. Kubrick made sure of that. And Ultron. Doombot You dare suggest we are not the one true Doom?
Well... Yeah. For one thing, there are five of you.
Scary stuff. Lucky for me... I don't come alone.
I didn't come alone. Creeeepy Iron Man.
You monster! You killed him!