Carl King was a bully in Peter Parker's class when they were children. He witnessed Peter being bitten by the radioactive spider, and his subsequent displays of superhuman abilities. Eager to get the same powers, Carl located and ate the now dead spider, which gradually caused his body to break down into a hive mind of spiders, something he discovered when he unintentionally consumed his own mother from the inside out, and took control of her remains.
- Human Hive: Carl King received his powers similar to the way Spider-Man obtained his except there was a horrible turn of events for Carl. King’s body actually broke itself down and changed itself into literally a thousand spiders that inhabited his human shell. The spiders contain Carl's consciousness, and are able to take over another human's body by eating them from the inside out, devouring everything except the skin. Every time the Thousand eats an individual, he becomes stronger, and while in control of a victim's body, the Thousand can contort the body in nearly any manner imaginable. The possessed host can also cling to surfaces and scale walls, however, it is unknown whether the Thousand can possess more than one human body at once. He eventually reached an undetermined level of superhuman strength enabling him to contend with the likes of Spider-Man. Carl's agility, endurance and stamina are also presumably at superhuman levels. The Thousand doesn't trigger Spider-Man's spider sense, and King can deliver a paralyzing poison to his victims through his bite.
- Possible Immortality: His consciousness is spread throughout the swarm, so if one spider out of The Thousand's swarm survives, he can survive and multiply.
The Thousand is a very adept unarmed combatant with speed and gymnastic capability that put him on par with the hero known as Spider-Man.
- 19 Appearances of Carl King (Earth-616)
- Media Carl King (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Carl King (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Carl King (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Carl King (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|