Appearing in "Behind the Mask of Zo!"Edit
- Nega-Bands (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Behind the Mask of Zo!"Edit
Taken prisoner by the followers of Tam-Bor, Mar-Vell burst free and attempts to destroy the magnetic device which threatens the universe. When Ronan the Accuser tries to stop Mar-Vell, however Ronan fails and Mar-Vell succeeds in destroying the magnetic device inside Tam-Bor. Before Ronan can kill Mar-Vell in combat, the Supreme Sentry arrives and banishes Ronan. While on Earth, Carol Danvers awakens in a hospital and flees FBI agents come to question her about Walter Lawson The Supreme Sentry then transports Mar-Vell to the planet Hala and brings him before the Supreme Intelligence. The Surpeme Intelligence tells Mar-Vell that he was being manipulated, and that Zo was really Zarek who was working with the Ronan the Accuser to try use Mar-Vell as a tool to overthrow the Kree empire and take over for themselves.
When Zarek tries to kill the Supreme Intelligence with a Negatron Sphere, Mar-Vell shields the blast with his body and miraculously survives.
In payment for his willingness to sacrifice himself for the Supreme Intelligence, the Intelligence endows Mar-Vell with a new costume and new powers and allows him to return to Earth to get revenge against Yon-Rogg. However, flying on his way to Earth, Mar-Vell suddenly finds himself pulled into the Negative Zone.
This story is continued next issue....
- Although not identified, upon his transformation by the Supreme Intelligence, Mar-Vell appears to have Nega-Bands as part of his new his uniform.
- Although there are other versions of the Kree Sentries. This is the only appearance of the "Supreme" Sentry.
- This issue contains a letters page, Mail it to Mar-Vell. Letters are published from Lee A Vercoe, Afton Christensen, Craig Battmer, Terry Levin, and Mary Elizabeth Doran.
A new life — and a colorful new costume — for Mar-Vell, as our space-born superhero takes on the entire Kree Galaxy! Plus, at long last — the sinister secret of Zo! A turning point!
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|