- That's what Batroc and his employers were after...whatever's left of the Human Torch.
- -- Black Widow
Appearing in "Time's Arrow (Part 3)"Edit
- Captain America/Winter Soldier (James Barnes) (Flashback and main story)
- Professor Zhang Chin (Only in flashback)
- Human Torch (Jim Hammond) (Corpse)
- Department X (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Time's Arrow (Part 3)"Edit
In 1968, the Winter Soldier is subdued by the Man With No Face, a failed attempt of Chin's to create China's own supersoldier, able to blend in with the shadows but is only effective as a spy. Chin tells his bodyguard to not to kill him, as he hasd questions. However, the Winter Soldier is able to escape.
In the present, Captain America is fighting against his foe once more, while Batroc's men steal the package they are after.
At the United Nations building, Black Widow infiltrates its archives, uncovering something very shocking--the identity of the stolen package.
Meanwhile, Cap is fighting a losing fight against the Man With No Face, until he remembers that he can be affected by electricity, channeling it through his bionic arm. Batroc soon decides to join in as a helicopter flies over. Though Cap is able to take down Batroc, the Man With No Face thrusts his hand through him, causing Cap to fall down in pain. The Man With No Face then brings him up by the neck, declaring that he will take him back to see Chin, only to be shot in the back by Widow, causing him to disappear. But she is too late, Batroc's men have taken their package: the body of Jim Hammond, the original Human Torch.
Once they leave the scene, Widow explains to Bucky that the U.N. was experimenting on him, which S.H.I.E.L.D. was unaware of, given the Civil War and the Skrull invasion. Bucky states that his friend should be buried as a war hero, not treated like some thing. Widow then questions him as to why Chin is interested in the Torch and Bucky explains that while in Chin's lab, he discovered that he was practicing unethical science. He vows to go after Chin and rescue what's left of his friend before Chin can use him to make a weapon.
- The Man With No Face last appeared as a flashback in Captain America 155. All indications at present lead us to assume that this is the same character.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|