- So hard to believe this is the world we fought for...
Appearing in the 1st StoryEdit
- Nick Fury
- Bucky (James Buchanan Barnes)
- Peggy Carter (Margaret Carter)
- Dum Dum Dugan (Timothy Dugan)
- Harry Truman
- Adolf Hitler
- Senator Joseph McCarthy
- Edward R. Murrow
- Prince Wringor
- Wolverine / Logan / James Howlett)
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
- Luke Cage
- Emma Frost
- Layla Miller
- House of M
Synopsis for the 1st StoryEdit
Reality has shifted and led to a new world for Captain America. Bucky survived World War II and became an Agent of Shield after the war. In 1945 Cap and the Invaders capture Adolf Hitler and return to our nation as heroes. Cap marries Peggy Carter. In the 1950s' Eugene McCarthy and other speak out against the menace of mutants in our society. Cap is chastised for his friendship with mutants like Namor the Sub-Mariner.
Cap became a part of the Air Force and well as an astronaut and was the first man on the Moon. However he is forced to resign from the Air Force because he publicly spoke out against the growing menace of Magneto. Cap and Peggy also appear to seperate or divorce. Bucky is eventually killed in action and an aging Cap is despondent about a society of mutants and humans live in mutual fear and distrust.
- This issue is a crossover with the Marvel Event House of M.
- This issue contains a letters page "Freedom of Speech". Letters are published from: Jonty, J. Kane, R. Cruz, Joe Duke, and Carlos M. Fernandez, Jr.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|