Appearing in "Out of Time: Part 1"Edit
- Aleksander Lukin (First appearance) (Flashback and behind the scenes in main story)
- Red Skull (Johann Schmidt) (Death) (Appears in Flashback)
- Winter Soldier (First appearance) (Main story and flashback) (Unnamed)
- A.I.D. (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Red Guardian (Krassno Granitzky) (Death) (Only in flashback)
- Red Room (Mentioned)
- President Yeltsin (Mentioned)
- Vasily Karpov (Mentioned)
- Daily Bugle (Named only)
- United States Army (Recap)
- Bucky Barnes (Recap)
- Avengers (Only in flashback)
- Hawkeye (Clint Barton) (Only in flashback)
- Nick Fury (Behind the scenes)
- A.I.M. (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- Russian / Kazakhstanian Border (Only in flashback)
- United States of America (Main story and flashback)
- New York (Main story and flashback)
- Paris, France (Referenced)
- London, England, United Kingdom (Referenced)
- Germany (Dream)
- Black Forest (Dream)
- Negative Zone (Mentioned) (Only in flashback)
- Captain America's Uniform (Main story and recap)
- Captain America's Shield (Main story and recap)
- Hawkeye's Bow and Trick Arrows (Only in flashback)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Uniforms
- Cold War (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Out of Time: Part 1"Edit
Five Years Ago:
The Red Skull meets with former KGB agent Aleksander Lukin near the Kazakhstan border. Lukin's men have just captured the former hero of Soviet Russia, the Red Guardian. Lukin fires a bullet into the Guardian's skull killing him. After business is handled, Lukin speaks to the Skull about the Cosmic Cube. He knows the Skull is after it, and is willing to pay any price to acquire it from him. The Red Skull confesses that he is searching for it, but refuses to sell it at any price.
After years of searching, the Red Skull has finally cobbled together a Cosmic Cube – culled from the fragmented pieces of other cubes. But he needs a massive energy charge by which to empower it. He intends on destroying three major metropolitan cities in an effort to generate the energy needed to power the cube.
Meanwhile, Sharon Carter visits Steve Rogers. She is concerned because Steve has become so reckless since the Avengers disbanded. She calls to mind a recent incident where Steve took great risks to stop a train full of terrorists from detonating a dirty bomb in Coney Island. Steve assures her that he is fine aside from being plagued by strange dreams as of late (Steve has been dreaming about his wartime days with Bucky). Sharon walks Steve back to his new private apartment in Brooklyn.
Later, the Red Skull is standing in high-rise apartment. He has been monitoring Rogers' actions and knows of his new living quarters. The Red Skull receives a phone call from General Lukin. Lukin knows that the Skull now has a Cosmic Cube and again offers to buy it from him. Like before, the Skull refuses. Suddenly, a cybernetic assassin (hired by Lukin) breaks into the Red Skull's penthouse and shoots him through the chest, killing him. The assassin steals the Cosmic Cube and brings it to Lukin.
A flashback in this story affects the chronology of the following characters:
Red Skull / Johann Schmidt
- Set after Avengers Disassembled storyline.
- The assassin who kills Red Skull will be later revealed to be the Winter Soldier, a.k.a. James "Bucky" Barnes, the Captain America's World War II partner believed to have been killed in an explosion in the English Channel in 1945.
- First appearance of A.I.D., an A.I.M. branch of terrorists.
- This issue has been reprinted in Captain America: Winter Soldier trade paperback.
- Nick Fury appears on this issue's cover.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|