- How the rest of the world perceives America is a very important question for me...
Appearing in "The Return of Steve Rogers, Captain America"Edit
- Lady Deathstrike
- Strikeforce Ukiyoe (First appearance)
- Fantastic Four (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
- Renny (Voice Only)
- Shusaku (First appearance) (Police Officer)
- Abraham Erskine (Only in flashback)
- Bucky Barnes (Only in flashback)
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Only in flashback)
- Wasp (Only in flashback)
- Nazi Party (Only in flashback)
Video Images of:
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
- Cosmic Cube (Appears on a Computer Screen, TV or Hologram Only)
Synopsis for "The Return of Steve Rogers, Captain America"Edit
“Steve Rogers, patriot of the second World War. Denied a chance to serve his country until a unique military experiment maximized his physical structure … turning him into a super-soldier.
Frozen in suspended animation at war’s end, he awoke in the modern world a man out of time, but never out of courage.
He is … Captain America.”
After escaping the alternate universe created by Franklin Richards, Steve Rogers a.k.a. Captain America finds himself on the streets of Tokyo, Japan with no memory of where he had been for the last year. Before he can get his bearings Captain America is called into action to stop a group of Japanese terrorists who are protesting the Americanization of Japanese culture.
Later during the premiere of a Captain America film the terrorists strike again and in front of the theater’s audience the Captain makes short work of them. Unfortunately the mastermind of the organization. Lady Deathstrike shows up and the two become locked in a deadly battle but ultimately the Captain is victorious. However while Captain America was working to save the lives of the theater patrons, Lady Deathstrike escaped, but still hundreds of people were saved.
- Next Chronological Appearance of Captain America: Avengers Vol 3 #1
- Next Chronological Appearance of Lady Deathstrike: X-Men Annual 2000
- Next Chronological Appearance of the Fantastic Four: Fantastic Four Vol 3 #1
- This story contains a letters page, "American Grafitti". However it has no letters, but rather information from Editor Matt Idelson and "Paul".
- This issue also has a two page feature, "Behind the Scenes with Ron Garney". It details how the cover for this issue was created.
- There are two covers for this issue. The variant is the "sun burst" cover.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
- Wolverine 114 – For background information on Lady Deathstrike
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America Vol III 
|Like this? Let us know!|