- Still any time something good can be accomplished without and loss of life, I'll call that a victory.
Appearing in "The Great Bear"Edit
- Dr. Keith Kinkaid
- Boris Prokofiev (First appearance)
- Russian Armed Forces
- Spirit forms of
- Mikhail Gorbachev
- Mr. Krysenko
- Soviet Union
- United States of America
Synopsis for "The Great Bear"Edit
Darkstar, Ursa Major, and Vanguard all lie in Avengers Mansion in a coma after being betrayed by the other Soviet Super Soldiers. Captain America makes a special trip to Russia to find out the cause of the betrayal. While there he is escorted by Red Guardian on a tour of Moscow. Suddenly a dark beast appears and wrecks havoc in Russia. Cap discovers it is the life essence of the three betrayed heroes who have come back to Russia for revenge. Cap convinces them to not kill the other Soviet Super Soldiers for their betrayal.
- This issue contains a letters page, American Grafitti. Letters are published from Norbert Gmerindl, Aaron Banks, Jon George, Tiamat Kam'en'ehar, and Aaron Atwood.
- Two Buildings in the Soviet Union has the names "Simon" and "Kirby" written on them. This is a tribute to Joe Simon and Jack Kirby, the creators of Captain America.
- Dr. Kinkaid has appeared in several issues of "The Mighty Thor" and has been Thor's rival for the affections of the Thunder God's sometimes romantic interest Jane Foster. Dr. Kinkaid married Jane Foster and they have a child. The two are presently seperated.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #353 
|Like this? Let us know!|