- Cling to the blinding illusions of human decency--or submit to the liberating reality of animal depravity!
Appearing in "The Measure of a Man"Edit
- The Slayer (Dave Cox)
- Baron Zemo
- Mother Superior
- Red Skull
- Sisters of Sin (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Measure of a Man"Edit
As Nomad battles the Slayer, Captain America awakens to find himself trapped inside Mother Superior's force field. The Slayer defeats Nomad, but Dave Cox's true personality re-emerges and prevents him from delivering a fatal blow. Mother Superior psionically attacks him for his disobedience, rendering him unconscious, and then escapes. Later at a nearby hospital, Dave's wife Julie tearfully tells the two heroes that Dave may have suffered fatal nerve damage. At Skull-House Mother Superior introduces Zemo to her disciples, the Sisters of Sin, unaware that Red Skull watches them via a video linkup in his bedchamber. Steve Rogers tells Bernie that he can't marry her, fearing that his enemies may attack him through her. Bernie refuses to accept that or the idea that super heroes have the monopoly on risk. Bernie's words and a few persistent kisses convince Steve to say yes, but their elation is horrifically cut short by the arrival of a package containing a miniature of the Red Skull's mask.
- This issue contains a letters page: American Grafitti. Letters are published from Michael Paul, Elizabeth Holden, Pruning Crew, and David Conley.
- "The Measure of a Man!" Can Cap survive the onslaught when The Slayer comes to town? And what will be the outcome when Steve Rogers tells Bernie the truth of how he feels about her?
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #294 
|Like this? Let us know!|