Appearing in "An American Christmas"Edit
- Black Crow (Jesse Black Crow) (First appearance)
- Arnie Roth
- Arthur Bennett
- Ann Brennan
- New York City
Synopsis for "An American Christmas"Edit
Steve Rogers and Bernie share a romantic moment until Jack Monroe blunders in. Meanwhile Jesse Black Crow has another vision reminding him that as the spirit of old America, he must kill Captain America, the spirit of new America, to balance the scales. Weeks later, Steve and Bernie leave Bennett Advertising. Black Crow attacks Steve, steals a lock of his hair, and vanishes. In the weeks that follow, Cap attends Avengers meetings, Jack interviews for jobs, and Steve shops with Bernie and works on art assignments. On Christmas Eve, Steve and Bernie throw a holiday party until a crow flies in and scratches Steve. Cap and Nomad investigate and Bernie follows. Black Crow attacks the heroes, quickly defeating them at the Brooklyn Bridge. As Black Crow prepares to kill Cap, the Avenger kneels in respect. Laughing, Black Crow announces that the earth spirit is pleased and departs in peace. Elated that Cap survived, Bernie proposes marriage. Days later in Central Park, the Avengers vanish in a flash of light.
- The last page of this story is a lead-in to Secret Wars.
- There is no letters page this issue. In its place is a advertisment for Secret Wars with a replica cover of Secret Wars #1.
- Who is the Slayer? Is he really the man whom Captain America befriended and trusted? Or is he the pawn of Cap's most sinister foe? You may find out . . . before Cap loses his life in the eeriest battle of his career! Guest-starring Baron Zemo!
- In this issue, we learn that Bernie Rosenthal teaches a pottery class in her spare time.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #292 
|Like this? Let us know!|