- It takes more than a mob and some muscle to stop Captain America!
Appearing in "Tomorrow the World?"Edit
- Fantastic Four
- Albert DeVoor
- Iron Butterfly
Synopsis for "Tomorrow the World?"Edit
Albert DeVoor addresses the Nth Command as they prepare for Operation: Purge. Meanwhile, Captain America arrives back in the present and tries to warn the Avengers, but the telephone operator won't accept his emergency code and demands twenty cents. As Nth Commandoes surround the Baxter Building. Cap breaks into Metrobank, a front for Roxxon, and battles through an army of Nth Commandoes. Meanwhile, Nth Commandoes surround Xavier's school for Gifted Youngsters. Cap finds the Nth emanation-core generator but DeVoor floods the room with psycho-rays, causing Cap to hallucinate a giant robot. Cap destroys the Nth emanation-core generator, rendering the Nt projectors useless just as Nth Commandoes attack the Avengers. As SHIELD arrests DeVoor. Cap takes off for his overdue meeting with Bernie's parents.
Appearing in "Bernie America: Sentinel of Liberty"Edit
- Michael Carlin
- Vermin (Illusion)
- Helmut Zemo (Illusion)
- Primus (Illusion)
- Scarecrow (Illusion)
- Viper (Illusion)
- Nancy Rosenthal
- Hawkeye (Illusion)
- Iron Man (Illusion)
- Thor (Illusion)
- Wasp (Illusion)
- She-Hulk (Illusion)
- Avengers Mansion (Illusion)
Synopsis for "Bernie America: Sentinel of Liberty"Edit
At her parents' home, Bernie imagines what things would be like if she were the super hero and Steve was her worrywart boyfriend. She's awoken by the arrival of the real Steve.
- This issue is part of Assistant Editors month. The cover logo is turned backwards as it was on most Marvel Comics this month.
- Creators/Marvel Staffers Michael Carlin, Mike Zeck, John Beatty, Danny Fingeroth and J.M. DeMatteis are featured on the cover.
- Part Four of the saga co-starring Deathlok has Cap battling for freedom in a war-ravaged future. Back in the 1980s, someone new is trying on the Captain America costume - and it's not who you'd expect!
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #289 
|Like this? Let us know!|