- I will not see the memory of Bucky Barnes desecrated again!
Appearing in "Before the Fall"Edit
- Bucky (video/newsreel)
- Red Skull (Flashback and main story)
- Steven Rogers (Grand Director) (Only in flashback)
- Doctor Faustus (Only in flashback)
- Gail Runciter
- Agent Hendricks
Synopsis for "Before the Fall"Edit
After a night at the movies, Steve Rogers and Bernie are being followed home by Jack Monroe, the 1950's Bucky. In San Francisco, Spider-Woman tracks Viper to an abandoned warehouse only to find a recording of Viper. While Spider-Woman battles two vipers, Viper's recording explains she's not Spider-Woman's mother. Spider-Woman surmises that Morgan LeFey tricked both her and Viper. At Steve's apartment, Jack explains that he was rehabilitated by SHIELD but he has nowhere to go. Steve offers his apartment and to help him acclimate to the present. Meanwhile, Viper learns that Spider-Woman escaped her trap. Viper kills the agent that told her and feeds his body to her giant vipers. Later, Cap takes Bucky on patrol until the Constrictor attacks. Constrictor easily defeats Bucky and Viper's agents surprise Cap from behind. Constrictor and the agents take Cap and go leaving a distraught Bucky behind.
- Jack Monroe returns to he Marvel Universe in this issue. He was last seen in Captain America #156.
- In this issue, it is revealed that Jack Monroe was not killed by the Grand Director as previously revealed in Captain America #236. The Grand Director, under the influence of Dr. Faustus, was mentally manipulated into believing he had done so.
- This issue contains a letters page: Letters to the Living Legend: Letters are published from: Brian Nelson, Barry Dutter, and Frances Kerman. The letters page also contains a Statement of Ownnership, Management, and Circulation.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #281' 
|Like this? Let us know!|