- Now I'm only going to say this once, punks! Put the guns down.
Appearing in "Mean Streets"Edit
- Vermin (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Mean Streets"Edit
As Captain America drives through Manhattan late at night in answer to a call from Falcon, a bystander alerts the hero to a taxi driver with a slashed throat. After getting the injured man medical attention, Cap goes to Harlem Community Hospital where Sam and his family are waiting for word on Sam's nephew Jim Wilson, shot while trying to prevent a liquor store robbery. A frustrated Sam storms off angrily, and later, patrolling as the Falcon, rescues a stoned gang member, Raymond Curtis, from some homicidal pursuers. Meanwhile, a robed man attacks Cap, clawing him and sending an army of rats after him. Disrobing to reveal a rat-like visage, the attacker identifies himself as Vermin, and announces his master wants Captain America dead. Following Raymond home, Falcon discovers the boy was Jim's shooter, while Cap beats Vermin unconscious following a particularly savage battle; rage almost drives both heroes over the edge, but they come to their senses in time. The next day, after hearing that Jim will recover, Sam announces that he will take the school board up on their offer to run for congress.
- Sarah Casper was last seen in Captain America #134.
- Jody Casper was last seen in Captain America #143.
- Leila Taylor was last seen in this title in Captain America #209.
- This issue contains a letters page: Letters to the Living Legend. Letters are published from David Clare, Stanley Johnston, and David Gordon-MacDonald. The letters page also includes A Memo From... Mark! from new Captain America editor Mark Gruenwald.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #272 
|Like this? Let us know!|