- I guess I'll never be a super-hero.
- -- Rick Jones
Appearing in "Cul De-Sac!"Edit
Synopsis for "Cul De-Sac!"Edit
Lyle Dekker has transformed himself into the Ameridroid, a giant version of Captain America. Dekker is able to defeat Cap, but he also quickly deduces that he has transformed himself into a physical freak. Dekker eventually stops his rampage in Newfoundland; and Captain America encourages him to lead a productive life.
Appearing in "The Coming of Captain Avenger!"Edit
- Rick Jones (Captain Avenger) (First appearance as Captain Avenger)
- Baron Zemo (Hallucination)
- Captain Marvel (Cameo)
- New York City (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "The Coming of Captain Avenger!"Edit
A six page flashback story. Rick Jones fails into equipment in Avengers Mansion which gives him all the combined powers of the Avengers. Ironically, at that time the Avengers are attacked Zemo and his "Masters of Evil". The Avengers are defeated, but Captain Avenger in turn defeats the Masters of Evil. At the conclusion of the story, Rick regains consciousness and realizes that this was all a dream.
- Sequence 1 Cul De-Sac!
- Plot (story pages) by Glut (uncredited) pages 1-5 (the lost last pages of the previous issue), and Gerber pages 6-12. Kraft is credited as "co-scenarist".
- Sequence 2 The Coming of Captain Avenger
- This issue contains a letters page, Letters to the Living Legend. Letters are published from Bruce Canwell, Matt Kaufman, James A. King III, and Tom McNulty.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #221 
|Like this? Let us know!|