- There has got to be someone who'll fight for the dream against any foe.
Appearing in "Arena for a Fallen Hero"Edit
Hallucinations Seen in This Issue
- Red Skull (In an illusion or vision)
- Executioner (In an illusion or vision)
- Druid (In an illusion or vision)
- Black Knight (In an illusion or vision)
- Enchantress (In an illusion or vision)
- Melter (In an illusion or vision)
- Radioactive Man (In an illusion or vision)
- Baron Zemo (In an illusion or vision)
- Unidentified SHIELD Base
Synopsis for "Arena for a Fallen Hero"Edit
Eric Koenig stops Captain America from visiting Falcon, and Jeff Cochren tells Cap he must fight Falcon to the death to free Falcon from Red Skull's mind control. Cap refuses to fight the zombie-like Falcon, but suddenly Red Skuil appears. Cap attacks the Skull, but Falcon falls to the ground in the villain's place. Cap begs Cochren to stop the treatment, but the Yellow Claw's giant spider attacks Cap. When Cap kicks the beast, Falcon falls to the ground in its place. Eric and Val protest Cochren's "therapy" but Cochren pulls rank on them. Cap is attacked by the Masters of Evil and blows up Radioactive Man, but to the SHIELD agents, it looks like Cap is battling thin air. When a woman, who appears to Cap as the Enchantress, enters the arena, Val insists the fight be stopped, but Cochren pulls a gun. "Enchantress" seduces Cap, but when an amnesiac Falcon approaches. Cap attacks, thinking he's Baron Zemo. Eric knocks out Cochren as Falcon directs Redwing to attack Cap. Realizing that Cochren's 'therapy" broke Red Skull's control over Falcon, Cap stands still, forcing Falcon to divert Redwing. Cap and Falcon reconcile in time to face off against Nightshade, who has drugged several SHIELD agents to attack Cap and Falcon.
- Redwing was last seen in a flashback of Captain America #186
- This issue features a letters page, Let's Rap With Cap. A letter is published from Peter Sanderson.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #189 
|Like this? Let us know!|