Appearing in "Before the Dawn!"Edit
- Gabe Jones
- Viper I (Jordan Dixon)
- US Army
- Harry (First appearance)
- Southwestern Desert, Secret Empire Installation
- Washington, D.C.
Synopsis for "Before the Dawn!"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
- No Redwing in this story
- At the conclusion of this issue and prior to Captain America #176, Steve Rogers is involved in a whirlwind of activity. He fights Thanos in Captain Marvel 27-33, and Avengers #125. He helps the Avengers fight Nuklo in Giant-Size Avengers #1. He again helps the Assemblers fight Klaw and Solarr in Avengers #126. He is then transported in time in Marvel-Two-In-One #4 and #5 and is also transported in time again in Avengers Forever #1.
- This issue contains a Series "A" Marvel Value Stamp: #77 - The Swordsman
- This issue is reprinted in the trade paperback Secret Empire.
- This tale of a high ranking governement official involved in a villainous plot closely paralells the timeline of Richard Nixon's Watergate scandal. So much so that the letters page attempts to distance itself from that ongoing scandal by noting this plotline started development a year prior in Captain America 163. According to writer, Steve Englehart, his intention was for Number #1 to be then president Richard Nixon.
- This issue contains a letters page, Let's Rap With Cap. Letters are published from Rick Keefe, Alan Markowitz, David J. Belles, Mike Cruden, and Charles Boatner.
- The letters page also contians a ad for 35 Cent priced Giant-Size Super-Teams #1 featuring the Defenders. This issue was never published. This story was apprently presented in the 50 Cent Giant-Size Defenders #1. The ad tells that this story will be all new, but Giant-Size Defenders #1 has four reprint stories.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Unoffical Marvel Value Stamps Site 
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #175 
- Grand Comics Database: Captain America Covers 
|Like this? Let us know!|