Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- HYDRA has always been but a decoy ... buying time for the birth of the Fourth Reich!
Appearing in "The Big Sleep"Edit
- Richard Fisk
- Moose Mallard
- Charlie Chicago
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
- The 1st Sleeper (Only in flashback)
- The 2nd Sleeper (Only in flashback)
- The 3rd Sleeper (Only in flashback)
- The 4th Sleeper (Only in flashback)
- The 5th Sleeper (Destroyed)
The Red Skull! The Schemer! The Kingpin! And a newly-awakened Sleeper! This one's got it all!
- In this issue, the Red Skull is revealed to be (Behind the scenes) in Captain America #145-147.
- Harold Howard, the Kingpin's disguised alias, is spelled "Howards' in this issue.
- This issue features a letters page, Let's Rap With Cap. Letters are published from Nancy Stenzler, Steve Carey, Tom Ayers, and Nancy Brand.
- Captain America helps save the world in Avengers 101 and helps the Avengers fight the Sentinels in Avengers 102-104 shortly after this story.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#807Z.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- The Red Skull's expletive "schweinhunds!" on page 13 is misspelled (the correct spelling would be "schweinehunds"). The term literally means "pig dogs" in German but the English word closer to the spirit of the term would be "bastards."
- John Romita Sr. was uncredited as the inker of this book.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Grand Comics Database: Captain America #148 
|Like this? Let us know!|