Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cain Marko, the man known as Juggernaut, grew up in the same trailer park as Rogue. He refered to himself as "trailer trash" at one point, but also pointed out that because he grew up in a trailer park people often underestimated his intelligence.
At some point in his life he was incarcerated by Weapon X and forced to act as a living weapon under the direction of Col. John Wraith. Juggernaut was part of the strike force that took out the X-Men, forcing them into Weapon X as well. Cain and Rogue shared a cell while both were forced to serve Weapon X.
When The Brotherhood removed the security implants that were prohibiting the mutants from leaving their cells, Juggernaut fought for his freedom. After the entire ordeal, Cain was offered a place with both Xavier's X-Men and The Brotherhood. Cain chose The Brotherhood, but later left the team for parts unknown.
Cain was captured by SHIELD. However, en route to a prison designed to contain the Hulk, there was an accident and Cain broke free. Retrieving his helmet, be began to track down Rogue, who was a thief along with Gambit, stealing the Cyttorak Gem from the Fenris twins. He also revealed that he had a crush on Rogue. Juggernaut was bonded with the gem when Gambit shoved it into his helmet. . Though its full repercussions are unknown, Juggernaut did describe himself as feeling "better than ever". He began to beat up Gambit, until he dropped a building on him.
Juggernaut later appeared during the Ultimatum. There, he was shot in the eye with a poisonous dart, and died in his friend Rogue's arms. Before his death, Rogue permanently absorbed his powers and abilities.
|Power Grid |
|* Using the Cyttorak Gem|
Cain Marko is a mutant with superhuman strength and durability that turns into what is basically a human juggernaut. His powers grant him the following:
- Superhuman Strength: Due to his original mutation, Juggernaut was superhumanly strong and was capable of lifting about 75 tons at his peak. Later, after being mystically enhanced by the Cyttorak Gem that Gambit threw at him, Cain's strength increased to a level that allowed him to lift far in excess of 100 tons.
- Superhuman Durability: Due to his original mutation, Juggernaut was incredibly durable and was able to take far more damage than any ordinary human would be able to. He was completely bulletproof, could survive falls from great heights and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury. After bonding with the Cyttorak Gem, Cain's durability was substantially increased, to the point where he could survive an entire building collapsing on top of him. This durability also made him resistant, but not immune, to Rogue's touch.
- Superhuman Speed: Due in part to his great strength and the muscles in his legs, Cain was able to move and accelerate at speeds that surpassed those achievable by even the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: Cain's muscles produce far fewer fatigue toxins than an ordinary human, allowing him to go for about 48 hours before fatigue begins to impair him. It is likely that bonding with the Cyttorak Gem made his stamina limitless.
Sufficiently strong to lift at least 100 tons, his current strength level is even higher due to the the 'Cyttorak Gem'.
While his body was extremely durable, Juggernaut's eyes and ears were still capable of being harmed. This is shown during the time of his death, as he was shot with a poison dart in the eye. That said, Juggernaut can also be brought down by poisons and can be weakened by Rogue's touch.
His trademark helmet was made for him by Weapon X. Able to track anyone who has ever been in the Weapon X program, it was destroyed by Gambit when he battled Juggernaut in Las Vegas.
- 16 Appearances of Cain Marko (Earth-1610)
- Media Cain Marko (Earth-1610) was Mentioned in
- 8 Images featuring Cain Marko (Earth-1610)
- Quotations by or about Cain Marko (Earth-1610)
- Character Gallery: Cain Marko (Earth-1610)
- Cain Marko (Earth-1610) at Wikipedia.org
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|