"Buried Alien" (not his real name, but he recalled it as being "something that sounded like that") was an amnesiac speedster from another universe, who was discovered by the Runner and invited to participate in his great race. He beat several other speedsters and was declared to be the fastest man alive, but never recovered his memory. He later adopted the alias 'Fastforward'.
- "Buried Alien" was obviously an intended reference to Barry Allen, the Flash of the DC Universe. Besides a similar sounding "real" name, the character wore a tattered red costume with yellow accents and boots, felt like he had a "ball of energy -- like lightning -- inside of" him, was from an alternate reality, and when he first appeared the last thing he remembered was "running", an obvious reference to Barry Allen's death in Crisis on Infinite Earths, where he ran himself to death (here, instead of dying, he was obviously supposed to have been transported to another reality). And, if those aren't enough references, he's also declared the "fastest man alive" (the Flash's most common epithet) by the end of his first appearance, which he says "feels...right". With Barry Allen being reinstated to the DC Universe canon during the events of Final Crisis, it is doubtful whether Fastforward will make any further appearances.
- 2 Appearances of Buried Alien (Earth-TRN242)
- Media Buried Alien (Earth-TRN242) was Mentioned in
- 6 Images featuring Buried Alien (Earth-TRN242)
- Quotations by or about Buried Alien (Earth-TRN242)
- Character Gallery: Buried Alien (Earth-TRN242)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|