Jericho returned to his native of Port-au-Prince, Haiti after twelve years of education and practice in the United States. His brother Daniel Drumm had become the local Houngan, but was dying from the spell of a rival bokor who claimed he served the evil serpent god Damballah. Before he died, Daniel made his brother vow to visit Papa Jambo, who had instructed Daniel in the arts of a Houngan. 
After only a few weeks Jericho had reached a proficiency in voodoo even greater than his brother's. To further increase his power, Papa Jambo performed a rite that summoned Daniel Drumm's spirit back from the dead and joined it with Jericho's own. With his successor being found and ready to take his place, Papa Jambo died. Calling himself Brother Voodoo, Jericho defeated the cult and has proven himself the supreme Houngan of Haiti. He learned that it was not the true Damballah responsible, but a creation of the Elder God Set.
Loralee Tate was kidnapped by the Cult of the Dark Lord to be used as a sacrifice in order to rejuvenate the cult leader's mother, Mama Limbo. She was rescued by Brother Voodoo. Afterwards, her father, a high ranking police officer, forbade her any further contact with Brother Voodoo, fearing that he was having a bad influence on her
Werewolf by Night
He later helped the Werewolf by Night deal with Doctor Glitternight. He used a spell that allowed his brother Daniel's spirit to control the actions of the werewolf. They battled hordes of Zombies, so they could enter the Black Egg, which was the source of Glitternight's power. Daniel was given for in the egg and helped his brother in battle working together to defeat Glitternight. After the battle his brother returned to his spirit form.
He teamed up with the Thing of the Fantastic Four. They worked together to find kidnapped members of the black community. The mystery lead them to Uganda where they had to fight Voodoo priest; W'Sulli, who was using a vampire to do his bidding. He was working with Kinji Obatu they took down both of the criminals and freed the prisoners.
Brother Voodoo eventually succumbed to the lure of power that Damballah's wangal represented. Upon Jericho's wearing it, the god Damballah took over Daniel's soul, burned down the mansion, and apparently slew Bambu. He traveled to New York City to attempt to take over the mind and body of Earth's Sorcerer Supreme, Doctor Strange, who eventually freed Brother Voodoo of Damballah's influence and re-confined the evil god to the wangal.
Contest of Champions
Moon Knight came to Haiti and they teamed up to take down Grand Bois who was raising a Zombie army. Drumm was later attacked by Doctor Friday and turned into a mindless Zombe. Moon Knight was able to free his mind and together took down the Haitian crimelord.
After Marie Le Veau used the Vampiric Verses, Brother Voodoo was forced to summon a zombie army to assist Doctor Strange, Clea, Rintrah, and Morbius. Although they were able to defeat the vampires, the zombies then had to be destroyed to be at peace.
Drumm was desperate to get Loralee Tate back and tries to use magic to make her fall in love with him. Realizing this was a lie the two ended their relationship. 
Brother Voodoo sensed that the Scarecrow was making zombies. John Blaze and Ghost Rider were angered that the Scarecrow had taken the body of Barbara Ketch. Along with Lilith they battled him. However, blood from the respective packs of animals Lilith summoned and the crows from the Scarecrow made Lilith go crazy again. She left the group, but Scarecrow was eventually stopped by Drumm and the others.
Deacon Frost teamed up with Marie Laveau to take over mafia crime in New Orleans as a staging area for greater conquests. Deacon captured Blade, Hannibal King, and Brother Voodoo to establish his rep among the undead in a power grab. The heroes free themselves from the trap and Blade battles Deacon Frost to a stalemate. Deacon escaped, and Blade vows to hunt him down. 
Heroes for Hire
Jericho developed a sense of protectiveness about New Orleans, eagerly identifying himself as its local super hero. Jericho cautiously observed the plots involving the mystic Inficio Aquilus, the first tarot card deck, and later helped the X-Man Gambit against a zombie army raised by Antoinelle Arcenaux.
He later became involved with the supernatural "Howling Commandos" operation of the espionage agency S.H.I.E.L.D., and registered with the government in accordance with the Superhuman Registration Act.
At some point Brother Voodoo was replaced by a Skrull. While Black Panther was fighting Erik Killmonger, the Skrull Brother Voodoo revealed himself when he attempted to kill Cannibal, whom he deemed to be a threat. However, the two killed each other in the struggle and the discovery of "Brother Voodoo's" true form revealed the Skrull invasion to the Black Panther, allowing him time to prepare.
Agamotto appeared to Jericho through his Eye. The Eye left Strange after magically showing him and the New Avengers nearly thirty-candidates who would possibly replace Strange, reaching Voodoo. Because he possessed the Eye, along with Strange's former garb, Drumm became the new Sorcerer Supreme of Earth-616. The possession of the Eye indicated that Jericho possesses a pure heart and a clean soul. Drumm appeared in New Orleans to intervene in the desperate battle between Dormammu and The Hood against Doctor Strange with the New Avengers.
Avenger of the Supernatural
He battled a villain known as Hypermind.
When Agamotto was cast out of the Vishanti and had most of his powers stripped from him, he attacked the New Avengers in order to reclaim the Eye of Agamotto from Doctor Voodoo as it was the only artifact that could defeat him. Jericho used the Eye to defeat Agamotto, but the Eye was destroyed and his life was lost in the process.
When the Scarlet Witch was affected by an inversion spell which altered her moral axis, she set out to murder Doctor Doom for the manipulations she was victim of. In order to stop her, Doctor Doom made a faustian pact with a demigod to resurrect Doctor Voodoo, as he and his brother Daniel were the only ones capable of possessing Wanda in order to make her "cooperate" in the conjuration of a reinversion spell.
|Power Grid |
- Voodoo: Brother Voodoo is a master of Voodoo Magic. As a Houngan, he uses it as a form of order or white magic. 
- Pyrokinesis: He can become immune to fire by entering a trance. While entranced his body will not burn and he will not feel the heat. Jericho can control fire and his skin becomes impervious to burning.
- Smoke Manipulation: Brother Voodoo is able to create a form of smoke or vapors that conceal his location. This smoke is accompanied by the sound of voodoo drums. The constant beat of the drums can disorient or unnerve an opponent. He can see through the smoke he forms, and possibly through other smoke created by magical means.
- Hypnosis: Brother Voodoo has a form of hypnotism. It is not very effective on humans; the more intelligent a being is the more strongly they can resist his control. However, it does work well on animals. It can also be used on plants and vegetation, but their lack of mobility makes their usefulness limited. The subject must be alive, and he can only concentrate on one being at a time.
- Spirit Possession: Jericho can call upon Daniel Drumm's spirit. Daniel can either enter Jericho's body to augment him physically, or he can be used to possess another being. The person becomes a virtual slave as long as he or she is alive or does not already have another foreign spirit within their body. When Daniel's spirit leaves the body, the person affected generally feels nauseous.
- Speaker to the Gods or Loa: Jericho can speak to the Loas.
- Magic Immunity: Jericho is immune to harmful magic.
- Magic Manipulation: Jericho can manipulate magical entities.
- Teleportation: Jericho can use the Evanodor Compatriot Boost Spell to transport him to other dimension.
- Flight: Jericho can use the Cloak of Levitation to fly at a constant speed.
- Element and Magical Manipulation: Jericho can manipulate magical and mystical forces, elemental forces at his will. He can also summon mystical creatures to counter-attack magical attacks.
- Sorcerer Supreme: Brother Voodoo has gained the high mystical position as Sorcerer Supreme of Earth-616 and its reality (from the spirit of the Ancient One), for years to come, through his experience as the holder of such a role.
- Psychologist: Jericho gained a degree in psychology in the United States of America.
- Multilingual: Jericho is fluent in both English and French along with his native French Créole.
- Normally 250 lbs. When merged with Daniel he can lift 500 lbs. His possession of the Eye of Agamotto would seem to indicate his purity of heart.
- As a mystic, Drumm has been limited to the disciplines of voodoo magic, not the wider world of magic.
- Brother Voodoo utilizes a medallion to assist him in harnessing the "Loa."
- He also employs a host of voodoo paraphernalia such as "Voodoo Dolls."
- As Sorcerer Supreme he has gained access to the Eye of Agamotto (which can project mystical light for a variety of effects, fly, give its user certain mystical perceptions into another's soul, open dimensional portals, and cast a hypnotic gaze) and the Cloak of Levitation (allowing him to fly at 25 miles an hour for indeterminate lengths), as well as Strange's former costume, such as his enchanted sash capable of extending in length, the Orb of Agamotto, and books of knowledge (such as the Book of the Vishanti) that will help him train for his future quests. Drumm also has the right to claim the Wand of Watoomb, according to Doctor Strange, but it is currently lost in another reality.
- Flight through the Cloak of Levitation, teleportation.
Interestingly, Jericho Drumm was shown in the Marvel Tarot as The Hanged Man.
Author Fred Hembeck has repeatedly stated that Brother Voodoo is one of his favorite Marvel characters, and often tries to author more stories starring Brother Voodoo.
- 129 Appearances of Jericho Drumm (Earth-616)
- Media Jericho Drumm (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 61 Images featuring Jericho Drumm (Earth-616)
- 8 Quotations by or about Jericho Drumm (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Jericho Drumm (Earth-616)
- Fan-Art Gallery: Jericho Drumm (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ Doctor Voodoo: The Origin of Jericho Drumm #1
- ↑ Strange Tales #169
- ↑ Strange Tales #170
- ↑ Strange Tales #171
- ↑ Strange Tales #172-173
- ↑ Tales of the Zombie #6
- ↑ Tales of the Zombie #10
- ↑ Marvel Team-Up #24
- ↑ Tomb of Dracula #34-37
- ↑ Werewolf by Night #38
- ↑ Werewolf by Night #40
- ↑ Werewolf by Night #41
- ↑ Marvel Two-In-One #41
- ↑ Doctor Strange Vol 2 #48
- ↑ Contest of Champions #1
- ↑ Moon Knight #21
- ↑ Marc Spector: Moon Knight #6
- ↑ Marc Spector: Moon Knight #7
- ↑ Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #16-17
- ↑ Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #18
- ↑ Marvel Super-Heroes Vol 2 #1
- ↑ Daredevil #311
- ↑ Morbius: The Living Vampire #29
- ↑ Ghost Rider Vol 3 #84
- ↑ Ghost Rider Vol 3 #82
- ↑ Ghost Rider Vol 3 #83-84
- ↑ Ghost Rider Vol 3 #85
- ↑ Blade: The Vampire Hunter Vol 3 #1
- ↑ Heroes for Hire #13
- ↑ Black Panther Vol 3 #17-22
- ↑ Gambit Vol 4 #3-11
- ↑ Nick Fury's Howling Commandos #2-6
- ↑ New Avengers #29-30
- ↑ Civil War Battle Damage Report #1
- ↑ Black Panther Vol 4 #12-13
- ↑ Cable & Deadpool #47-48
- ↑ Hulk Vol 2 #9
- ↑ Ghost Rider Vol 6 #32
- ↑ New Avengers #53-60
- ↑ Marvel Divas #1-4
- ↑ 41.0 41.1 41.2 Doctor Voodoo: Avenger of the Supernatural #1-5
- ↑ Deadpool: Merc with a Mouth #7-8
- ↑ Age of Heroes #1
- ↑ Doomwar #6
- ↑ New Avengers Vol 2 #6
- ↑ Chaos War #1-2
- ↑ Avengers & X-Men: AXIS #6
- ↑ Avengers & X-Men: AXIS #8
- ↑ Avengers & X-Men: AXIS #9
- ↑ 50.0 50.1 50.2 50.3 50.4 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 4 #18
- ↑ 51.00 51.01 51.02 51.03 51.04 51.05 51.06 51.07 51.08 51.09 51.10 51.11 51.12 Heroic Age: Heroes #1
- ↑ 52.0 52.1 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #2
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #2
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z hardcover Vol. 2
|Like this? Let us know!|