- Oy! Shutcha gobbah, yeh bun-bakin bahstahds!
- -- Kangaroo src
The interior decorator Brian Hibbs had a long time desire to become a super-villain, and he was principally inspired by Frank Oliver. After Oliver's death, Hibbs spent many years learning skills similar to his. He then worked for a criminal corporation in Mississippi as the new Kangaroo but was defeated by Luke Cage.
His first encounter with Spider-Man resulted in a easy defeat. After escaping from police custody, Hibbs searched for a rematch with Spider-Man, and lost again. He was freed from prison by Grizzly along other less-respected Spider-Man's foes like Spot and Gibbon to form the Spider-Man Revenge Squad. Although they could defeated Spider-Man, his internal problems led to every one fighting each other, Kangaroo was sent to prison, where he started building up his fighting skills and strength, which he hoped might later give pause to his opponents.
Kangaroo then found himself incarcerated in Seagate Prison where superhuman powers are dampened. Once again following his idol's path, Hibbs trained to become a master combatant. He gained a name for himself as a fighter, alongside Batroc the Leaper, another supervillain gifted with powerful legs.
After going to failed treatments seeking for superhuman mutations, Hibbs tried to have a normal life as a professional baseball player under the name of Billy Bob Jenks, but his super-star status was pulled down when his criminal past was revealed, returning to his life of crime. At prison, the stress and exertion made his mutation attempts effective, increasing his size and strength.
Ends of the Earth
After gaining freedom, Hibbs started a superheroic career in Australia. When Doctor Octopus suspiciously offered to world's leaders to revert the Greenhouse Effect by using a giant web of satellites (which could be used also to speed up the warm-up), Spider-Man distrusted him and started a crusade to destroy Octopus' satellite factories and missile launcher facilities along Black Widow and Silver Sable, he asked for help of other heroes around the world such as Kangaroo to destroy the plants nearest to them. When Hibbs entered one facility in Australia, he was ambushed by Lady Deathstrike and was seemingly killed.
|Power Grid |
- 31 Appearances of Brian Hibbs (Earth-616)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Brian Hibbs (Earth-616)
- Media Brian Hibbs (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Brian Hibbs (Earth-616)
- 2 Quotations by or about Brian Hibbs (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Brian Hibbs (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Nova Vol 3 #7
- ↑ All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #6
- ↑ Cage #13
- ↑ The Spectacular Spider-Man #242
- ↑ The Spectacular Spider-Man #244
- ↑ The Spectacular Spider-Man #245-246
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #164
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth #1
- ↑ The Superior Foes of Spider-Man #12
- ↑ The Superior Foes of Spider-Man #15
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z hardcover Vol. 6
|Like this? Let us know!|