- You either serve me -- or die!! For none dares defy -- the Dreadknight!
- -- Dreadknight src
Bram Velsing was a brilliant scientist in Latveria, who was not content to simply execute the technological schemes of his evil monarch, Doctor Doom. Learning of Velsing's rebellious ambitions, Doom had a mask permanently used to Velsing's face so that, like Doom's, his features were hidden for all time. Anguished and humiliated, Velsing fled Latveria.
Bram eventually fell under the care of the Children, the genetic creations of Dr. Victor Frankenstein, tended by Frankenstein's great-granddaughter, Victoria. While being nursed back to health at her castle, Velsing encountered the winged horse of the criminal Black Knight, which Victoria Frankenstein had tried to restore to normal, but had only succeeded in further mutating it. 
Bram Velsing decided to use the horse, his scientific intellect, and terrifying visage to seek revenge against Doom, under a new identity, the Dreadknight. When Velsing sought to steal the secret notebooks of Victor Frankenstein, Victoria Frankenstein thwarted his plan with the aid of Frankenstein's Monster and the hero Iron Man, who had landed in Yugoslavia en route to America. Velsing was left in the care of the Children after his defeat.
Velsing remained at the castle for many long months, kept alive but unconscious by Frankenstein's creatures. He stayed in this condition until the sorceress Morgan Le Fey and her son Mordred revived him to fight the hero Black Knight for them. For this service Velsing was promised he would rule tat their sides with they had conquered the world. Velsing fought the Black Knight in northern Ireland, who at the time was possessed by the original Black Knight, Sir Percy of Scandia. Velsing's lance was shattered during the battle and he was defeated.
Back to Latveria
Velsing returned to Eastern Europe but binding his time for an opportunity to take over Latveria. When Doctor Doom had been apparently killed by absorbing the energies of the being known as Onslaught, Latveria was thrown into civil war. Velsing tried to assume power, but was defeated by Spider-Man and the then-vigilante Sandman.
|Power Grid |
- Dreadknight Armor: Velsing wears a suit of full-body armor that provides him with considerable protection against most forms of harm. 
- Hellhorse: Velsing rides a mutated black stallion named Hellhorse, who possesses bat-like wings and claws.
- Lance: He wields a specially designed lance that contains a number of offensive technological devices built into it, including a pair of twin force-blast pods, an electrical entanglement cable, two "penetro-shells" armor-piercing bullets. Velsing also carries a pistol which fires a blast of knockout gas. 
- According to Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 2 #4, Dreadknight was a member of the fourth Masters of Evil, but he never actually appeared with the team. He also was not listed in the Masters' own entry.
- His name is both a reference to Bram Stoker, the author of the Dracula Novel, and Van Helsing, the protagonist of said novel.
- 18 Appearances of Bram Velsing (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Bram Velsing (Earth-616)
- Media Bram Velsing (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Bram Velsing (Earth-616)
- 2 Quotations by or about Bram Velsing (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Bram Velsing (Earth-616)
- Unofficial Handbook of the Marvel Universe
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Iron Man #101
- ↑ Iron Man #102
- ↑ Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #37
- ↑ Black Knight Vol 2 #2
- ↑ Avengers: Unplugged #4
- ↑ Tales of the Marvel Universe #1
- ↑ Thunderbolts #20
- ↑ Spider-Man Unlimited #16
- ↑ Iron Man: Legacy #3
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #4
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 2 #4
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition #13
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #4
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 Dark Reign Files #1
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 Iron Manual Mark 3 #1
- ↑ Iron Manual Mark 3 #1
- ↑ Iron Manual Mark 3 #1
|Like this? Let us know!|