Appearing in "The Monster's Revenge"Edit
- Victor Frankenstein (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Elizabeth Lavenza-Frankenstein (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Robert Walton (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Robert Walton IV
- Sean Farrell
- Captain Walton's ship
Synopsis for "The Monster's Revenge"Edit
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in "The Walking Dead"Edit
- Doctor Leon Drago (Only appearance; dies)
- Unnamed scientists
- Re-animated corpse
Synopsis for "The Walking Dead"Edit
In a secret laboratory deep beneath the Earth, Doctor Leon Drago has perfected the ability to re-animate the dead. He presents his conclusions, as well as the shambling results of his experiments to his colleagues. The other scientists confirm Drago's genius, but they point out that the brain begins to deteriorate immediately after death. Even if the body is re-animated, they are little more than a mindless, shambling monstrosity. Drago realizes the error of his ways. He walks his zombie creation down into the laboratory and activates a self destruct sequence that destroys them both, as well as his research.
Appearing in "No Choice of Colors!"Edit
- Mark Jackson (Only appearance; dies)
- Wallace Corlee (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "No Choice of Colors!"Edit
Wallace Corlee is the hateful, racist sheriff of Topequa, Florida. He pursues a black man named Mark Jackson into the swamplands outside of town. Corlee shoots Jackson in the shoulder, but the refugee manages to evade capture until he finally collapses from exhaustion. When he revives he finds the Man-Thing standing in front of him. Jackson is more afraid of the sheriff still hunting for him than he is of the muck monster. He tells the Man-Thing that the sheriff framed him for a burglary and is chasing him because Mark was romantically involved with a white woman (one that the sheriff had set his eye on). He continues to speak to the Man-Thing at length despite the fact that the Man-Thing does not have the intellect to comprehend anything that he is saying. Regardless, the creature listens to the man's story intently. Before long, Sheriff Corlee catches up with Jackson and draws his gun. He reveals that Jackson is a liar and is actually wanted for murder. Jackson confesses to the crime, but pleads that he wasn't left with a choice. The Man-Thing cannot determine the validity of the conflicting emotions he senses, so he begins to walk away. Once Corlee gets a clear shot, he shoots Jackson dead. The Man-Thing turns when he hears the sheriff joyously laughing over what he has done. The Man-Thing approaches, prompting terror in the sheriff's eyes. The Man-Thing grabs Corlee by the face and uses his burning touch to kill him.
- "The Monster's Revenge" was originally printed in The Monster of Frankenstein #3.
- "No Choice of Colors" was originally printed in Adventure into Fear #12.
- "The Walking Dead" was originally printed in Astonishing #10.
- A more faithful adaptation of the Frankenstein story is provided in Marvel Classics Comics #20.
- No trivia.
- Frankenstein's Monster image gallery
- Frankenstein's Monster fan art gallery
- Frankenstein's Monster chronology page
- Frankenstein's Monster quotes page
- Man-Thing image gallery
- Man-Thing chronology page
- Man-Thing quotes page
- Bloodstone #1-4
- Book of the Dead #1-4
- Man-Thing (Volume 1) #1-22
- Man-Thing (Volume 2) #1-22
- Man-Thing (Volume 3) #1-8
- Man-Thing (Volume 4) #1-3
- Marvel Classics Comics #20
- Monster of Frankenstein #1-18
- Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition #4
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Frankenstein article at Wikipedia
- Frankenstein (Universal movie) article at Wikipedia
- Frankenstein or the Modern Prometheus; Mary Shelly, 1818
- Frankenstein's Monster article at Wikipedia
- Monster of Frankenstein series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Man-Thing profile at Wikipedia
- Man-Thing profile at the Marvel Directory
- Man-Thing profile at Toonopedia
- Man-Thing movie entry at the Internet Movie Database (IMDB)
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|