Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Little is detailed about Black Bolt’s life before the zombie plague arrived on Earth-2149, however it can be presumed that it followed much the same path as Black Bolt (Earth-616).
Presumably, Black Bolt receives a call from Nick Fury to join the resistance aboard the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier, and leaves to join them.
With the extremely varied bunch all assembled on the Helicarrier, Nick explains how serious he believes the situation to be; that it is the end of the world. He also explains that whatever the histories of those assembled, they are all on the same side. It can also be assumed that he was part of the team sent back down to the surface to battle the zombies, unsuccessfully, it would seem when Beast and Reed Richards find a sizeable stash of meat in Latveria and the surrounding area, a zombified Blackagar and a huge horde zombies head off to lay siege to Castle Doomstadt.
Unable to gain access to the fortress, presumably, Black Bolt gets held up by the risen Deadite Legion, and at some point returns to New York.
He is later seen to have formed an alliance with the Kingpin. It is revealed that the partial necrosis of his vocal cords has left him capable of speech (though presumably unable to generate quasi-sonic screams), and that he is in fact extremely verbose, much to the annoyance of the Kingpin. He attempts to consume the manna that Dr. Strange summons in an attempt to sustain them when their supply of flesh is destroyed, and while he shows disgust at the taste, he does not appear to have the violently ill reaction that other zombies have exhibited upon consuming things other than living flesh.
Inhuman Metabolism: Besides strength, Black Bolt possesses certain physical skills superior to those of human athletes. His Inhuman metabolism affords him slightly greater reaction time, endurance, and speed than the human race's most perfect physical specimen.
- Enhanced Reflexes
- Enhanced Endurance
- Enhanced Speed
- Superhuman Strength
Particle/Electron-Harnessing: ability to harness free-floating electrons. The speech center of Black Bolt's brain contains an organic mechanism able to generate an as yet unknown type of particle which interacts with ambient electrons to create certain phenomena determined by mental control. The most devastating of the effects is Black Bolt's quasi-sonic scream.
- Quasi-Sonic Scream: Because his electron-harnessing ability is linked to the speech center of his brain, any attempt to use his vocal cords - from the merest whisper to a full scream - triggers an uncontrollable disturbance of the particle / electron interaction field. This result in a shock wave equivalent, at maximum force, to that caused by the detonation of a nuclear weapon. A whisper has generated sufficient force to rock a battleship, while a scream can reduce a mountain to rubble.
- Particle/Electron Channeling: The fork-shaped antenna that Black Bolt has worn upon his brow since childhood enables him to channel his powers in more directed, less destructive ways. The antenna monitors his brain's speech center activity and allows him to direct limited quantities of the unknown particle to create a number of controlled phenomena. He can channel this energy inwardly to enhance his own body's speed and strength. Black Bolt is capable of channeling all available energy into one arm for one powerful punch called his Master Blow. This exertion taxes ability to employ the particle / electron energy to its limit and him extremely vulnerable following its use.
- Particle/Electron Manipulation: Black Bolt is also able to direct the unknown particle outwards in ways other then by means of his vocal cords. He can rapidly route particle / electron through his arms to create relatively small concussive blast. He can form a field of highly-active electrons around himself with the wave of a hand, said field being capable of deflecting projectiles up to the mass of an MX missile traveling at its maximum speed. He can create particle / electron interaction fields solid enough to be traveled upon, though this phenomenon is a particularly difficult and exhausting one. He can use these electron fields as extrasensory probes which are highly sensitive to other electromagnetic energy phenomena. He can even manipulate his electron field to jam certain electrical mechanisms.
- Anti-Gravitational Flight: Black Bolt can also harness the unknown particles his brain generates to interact with electrons to create anti-gravitons that enable him to defy gravity. By emitting a jet of rapidly moving particle / electron interaction by-product while enveloped by anti-gravitons, Black Bolt can fly up to 500 miles per hour for a period of 6 hours before his brain begins to tire appreciably from the effort. The anti-graviton field also serves to protect Black Bolt from the detrimental effects of rapid movement through the atmosphere.
Decayed vocal cords have allowed him to speak
Black Bolt possesses superhuman strength, enabling him to lift (press) approximately 1 ton. He is stronger than the average Inhuman due to the particular way in which the mutagenic Terrigen Mist affected his genetic and physical structure. By augmenting his body with his electron power, Black Bolt becomes capable of lifting approximately 60 tons under optimal conditions.
Flight under his own power
- Black Bolt is wearing his original 60s costume.
- This version of Blackbolt can speak, due to the decay of his vocal cords.
- 9 Appearances of Blackagar Boltagon (Earth-2149)
- Media Blackagar Boltagon (Earth-2149) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Blackagar Boltagon (Earth-2149)
- Quotations by or about Blackagar Boltagon (Earth-2149)
- Character Gallery: Blackagar Boltagon (Earth-2149)
- Characters killed by Black Bolt
- Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 2 #2 (January 1986)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|