Origin and early years
Daughter of King Atrahasis of Asgalun
Bêlit was the daughter of King Atrahasis of Asgalun. As a child, she was educated by the shaman N'Yaga who had fled the Southern Isles and become an advisor to the King. When Atrahasis was assassinated by Stygian soldiers allied to his brother Nim-Karrak who planned to usurp the throne, Bêlit was taken away by N'Yaga.
Daughter of Derketa the Death-Goddess
They ended up in his old home on the Southern Isles where they were adopted by a tribe of Bird-Riders whom N'Yaga led to believe that she was the daughter of the death-goddess Derketa. Bêlit beame a fierce warrior and when she came of age, she took control of the tribe.
She turned her tribesmen into notorious pirates, calling herself the Queen of the Black Coast.
She met Conan when her pirates raided an Argossean ship which he had boarded. Bêlit was impressed with him and had Conan duel one of her officiers, Odongo. After he won, Conan joined her crew and the two began a romantic relationship.
While collecting tribute from the Watambi tribe, Bêlit was kidnapped by the Dragon Riders who were at war with the Watambi.. She freed herself and ran into the wild man calling himself Amra the Lion, who planned to marry her. She was freed by Conan who slew Amra in a duel.
Aftermaths and legacy
- 43 Appearances of Bêlit (Earth-616)
- 2 Minor Appearances of Bêlit (Earth-616)
- Media Bêlit (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 19 Images featuring Bêlit (Earth-616)
- 2 Quotations by or about Bêlit (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Bêlit (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Conan the Barbarian #59
- ↑ Handbook of the Conan Universe #1; Conan's entry
- ↑ Conan the Barbarian #85
- ↑ Conan the Barbarian #66
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #21
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Conan the Barbarian #58
- ↑ Conan the Barbarian #60
- ↑ Conan the Barbarian #61-62
- ↑ Conan the Barbarian #63
- ↑ Conan the Barbarian #100
- ↑ Conan the Barbarian #115
|Like this? Let us know!|