- I have reconsidered, Quasar. For the great resourcefulness you have demonstrated in our interactions, you have earned yourself the privilege...of being one of my mates!
- -- Her src
The cabal of scientists known as the Enclave sought to resurrect their plan to end war and crime trough the creation of an artificial human after their first attempt, the being known as Him, went mad. The Enclave learned from their past mistake and decided that delicate brain surgery on their latest creation would prevent it from going insane like its predecessor. To that end, the Enclave recruited renowned neurosurgeon Doctor Strange to perform the operation. Using a remote controlled laser, Doctor Strange operated while the being was still within its developmental cocoon. Unbeknownst to Strange, the Enclave was actually using him to modify the being's neural structure, brining it under the Enclave's control. After Strange mystically peered into the cocoon and sensed the life form within beginning to stir, the cocoon burst open and out stepped a tall, grey-skinned, male humanoid which the Enclave dubbed Paragon.
Eager to test Paragon's loyalty, the Enclave ordered him to kill Doctor Strange. Paragon proved to powerful for Doctor Strange, easily countering all of Strange's spells and abilities. The Hulk, who had been looking for Doctor Strange, suddenly invaded the Enclave's island base. The Hulk managed to distract Paragon long enough for Doctor Strange to gain a slight upper hand but this was a short lived. Paragon began to change, metamorphosing into a glowing, black form. Paragon turned on the Enclave and explained to them that while he was in his cocoon he linked with their computer system. Learning of their true nature, Paragon vowed to destroy the Enclave and gave himself a post-hypnotic command that would alter his appearance and counteract his mental tampering. Paragon began to destroy the Enclave's base. Doctor Strange and the Hulk narrowly escaped as the entire facility came down. In his final act, Paragon returned to his cocoon to meditate and complete his transformation. Paragon's cocoon sank into the ocean along with the Enclave's base.
Her and the Search for Adam Warlock
While in the cocoon, Paragon learned of the existence of Him, his encounter with Alicia Masters, and his self imposed exile to the stars. Paragon concluded that his purpose was to mate with Him to create a race of perfect beings. Several months later, the cocoon was pulled from New York's East River and Paragon emerged from it in the form of gold-skinned female named Her. Due to her history with Him, Her immediately set off in search of Alicia Masters, whom she located while on a date with the Thing. After some resistance from the Thing, Alicia agreed to join Her on her quest to locate Him.
Stopping in Riverside Park, the two women were approached by Moondragon, who told Her of Him's life as Adam Warlock, his death at the hands of Thanos, and his burial on Counter-Earth. Her asked Moondragon for help in locating Warlock's body. Alicia wished to continue with Her on her quest as she felt something momentous was about to occur and wanted to be there when it happened. She also offered the Thing's help but Her declined. Minutes later, the Thing and Starhawk of the Guardians of the Galaxy arrived to "rescue" Alicia. Her's power was to great and she quickly bested the two heroes. Her and Alicia boarded Moondragon's spaceship and the three women left for Counter-Earth.
As they flew around the far side of the Sun, the trio discovered that Counter-Earth had vanished. They then traveled to Counter-Earth's moon, the headquarters of the High Evolutionary, the creator of Counter-Earth, to get some answers. There they discovered the High Evolutionary's lifeless body. Following another battle with the Thing and Starhawk, Her and Moondragon managed to revive the High Evolutionary. He explained to the assembled heroes that months prior he was assaulted by Adam Warlock, who accused him of destroying Counter-Earth, despite the the monitors in the moon base clearly showing otherwise. Upon his revival the High Evolutionary was distraught to learn that Counter-Earth actually had disappeared. Her, along with the other heroes, was then recruited to help search for the missing planet.
The party eventually located Counter-Earth, which was being held in stasis by a ring of ships. Her, Starhawk, and Moondragon beamed aboard the command ship and encountered the Prime Movers of Tarkus. Their leader, Sphinxor, explained that they were hired by an enigmatic race known as the Beyonders to steal the planet. As Counter-Earth was geologically unstable, the High Evolutionary gave permission for the Beyonders to take the planet in the hopes that they could fix what was wrong with it. In exchange, Her was allowed to land on the planet's surface to complete her quest. Locating his grave, Her immediately resurrected Adam Warlock. Her went to embrace Adam, but she recoiled in horror. While Her managed to bring Adam's body back to life, he was without a soul, which was absorbed into his Soul Gem upon his death. Heartbroken, Her returned Adam to his grave and left for the stars.
Her possesses various superhuman attributes as a result of her unique nature and physiology, which is essentially a female version of the being known as Adam Warlock.
Cosmic Energy Manipulation: Her's primary power is the ability to tap and manipulate great amounts of ambient cosmic energy for various purposes. The organic cells of her body essentially function as energy receptors and as storage batteries. Since there is ambient cosmic energy essentially everywhere and in every type of environment, she has a potentially limitless source of power. She can use this energy for a number of effects, including the augmentation of her body's physical attributes. She has also gained the ability to rearrange matter on a molecular level through great concentration. She can manipulate the molecular structure of most substances in a maximum volume of roughly 3 cubic feet at a time. She can also channel the cosmic energy and propel it in the form of non-radioactive and heat-less concussive force. Though the maximum impact of such energy blasts aren't known, she has blasted the Thing a distance of 7/10s of a mile with a single blast. She is also capable of projecting her cosmic life force into beings who have died, thus reanimating dead tissue. However, if a being's soul, or astral self, has passed from its body, she is unable to restore it.
- Superhuman Strength: The cosmic energy stored in Her's body grants her physical strength that is far superior to that of a human being. Her musculature, connective tissues and skeletal structure are augmented to far superior levels. At her peak, she possesses sufficient superhuman strength to lift approximately 70 tons.
- Superhuman Speed: Her is capable of running and moving at speeds that are beyond the natural physical limits and capabilities of the finest human specimen.
- Superhuman Stamina: Her's cosmically enhanced metabolism and augmented musculature are far more efficient than those of a human being. As a result, her body produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity. At her peak, Her can exert herself and her energy manipulative abilities for up to 24 hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in her blood starts to impair her overall capabilities.
- Superhuman Durability: Her's cosmically enhanced bodily tissues far tougher and more resistant to physical injury than those of a human. She is able to withstand high caliber bullets without any of them penetrating her skin. She is also highly resistant to extreme pressures, as well as resisted heat of at least several thousand degrees Fahrenheit. She is also capable of withstand great impact forces, such as falling from tremendous heights and being repeatedly struck by beings such as the Thing and Hercules without being hurt. She has also withstood powerful energy blasts from the likes of Adam Warlock and Quasar with little to no injury. She has also demonstrated sufficient physical resistance and fortitude to survive in deep space for an indefinite period of time.
- Superhuman Agility: Her's agility, balance and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits and capabilities of the finest human specimen.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Her's reflexes are similarly heightened and are superior to those of the finest human specimen.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: In spite of her body's great resilience, Her is not completely immune to physical harm and can be injured. Her cosmically-enhanced metabolism enables her to rapidly heal damaged bodily tissues on a level well beyond human capability. Injuries that would cause bruising or lacerations can fully mend within a matter of seconds. If she sustains more severe injuries such as broken bones, internal injuries or a severed limb, she is actually able to generate a solid cocoon around herself created entirely out of cosmic energy. While in this cocoon, her body rests and the cosmic energy stored within her cells repairs the damage done, even to the point of regrowing severed limbs.
- Immortality: For all practical purposes, Her is essentially immortal. She is completely immune to the effects of aging and to all known diseases. However, this does not mean that she is fully immortal as it is possible for her to sustain injuries that are beyond her ability to heal. As a result, it is possible for her to die via unnatural causes.
- Flight: She can also use cosmic energy to interact with gravitons, particles of gravitational attraction, to enable her to fly. She can attain a maximum speed through an Earth-like atmosphere of Mach 10, roughly ten times the speed of sound, 7,800 miles her hour. However, it is possible for her to use her cosmic powers to create rifts into hyperspace. So, while the maximum speed she can travel is unknown, it is ultimately greater than the speed of light, which is roughly 186,000 miles per second.
Though Her has had no formal training, she has demonstrated great skill in using her cosmic energy powers in combat situations.
- 58 Appearances of Ayesha (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Ayesha (Earth-616)
- Media Ayesha (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 12 Images featuring Ayesha (Earth-616)
- 2 Quotations by or about Ayesha (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Ayesha (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|