- Get everyone together, Logan... Tell them... Tell them we're going to Mars. Tell them I need warriors and I need heroes. Tell them it is the end of the world, and what I need... Are Avengers.
Appearing in "We Were Avengers"Edit
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Flashback and main story)
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Flashback and main story)
- Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanova)
- Hulk (Bruce Banner)
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Flashback and main story)
- Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) (Flashback and main story)
- Wolverine (Logan) (Flashback and main story)
- Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) (Flashback and main story)
- Cannonball (Sam Guthrie) (Flashback and main story)
- Sunspot (Bobby da Costa) (Flashback and main story)
- Manifold (Eden Fesi) (Flashback and main story)
- Shang-Chi (Flashback and main story)
- Falcon (Sam Wilson) (Flashback and main story)
- Captain Universe
- Ex Nihilo (Flashback and main story)
- Aleph (Flashback and main story)
- Abyss (Flashback and main story)
- Aerie (Shi'ar homeworld) (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "We Were Avengers"Edit
In the past, Tony and Steve discuss what their approach should be to creating this new team. They decide that first of all, they need a limited roster until there is need for more. The two of them are a given, as well as Thor. They both agree on adding Hawkeye and Black Widow and Tony recommends the Hulk as well. Steve questions this, but agrees. They decide that the expanded roster needs to be a mix of both new and old members. They pull up a list of potential candidates. Steve asks why Luke Cage and Doctor Strange are not on the list, and Tony tells him that he already asked Luke and he wasn't interested, and that Strange is busy.
Wolverine is the first to be recruited, and Tony gets him by telling him they have beer. Spider-Man is the second, who is recruited after they tell him they have money. Shang-Chi is the third to be recruited, and Tony comments that he his efficiency, movement and power generation are off the charts, and that he's an expert in the traditional arms of his disciplines, but tells him that he's thinking of combining his more traditional styles with more enhanced technology.
Canonball and Sunspot are the fourth and fifth to be recruited, initially uninterested in joining what they thought to be another X-Men team, but eager to go from hated and feared as X-Men to loved and adored as Avengers. Mainfold is the sixth to be recruited, initially uncertain that he is fit to be a hero, but is talked into joining by Captain America. Captain Marvel and Spider-Woman are the seventh and eighth to be recruited after a rousing speech from Captain America.
In the present, Abyss examines the Avengers and comments that Thor is something different from the rest and that neither the Tree which is holding him and his fellow Avengers, nor she herself could break him down to his base bits, as if he doesn't fully exist or originate from the here and now, finally remarking that they have found a god. Ex Nihilo asks him if he as a god is familiar with creation stories?
Thor begins to tell him about Asgard, when Ex Nihilo interrupts him and tells him that he is more interested in what closes the loop, asking whether there is a resurrection or an apocalypse waiting for him. Ex Nihilo then tells him his own story. At the dawn of everything there existed a race called the Builders who worshipped the Universe herself. As they grew and evolved, they created aggressive systems to direct, shape and control space-time itself. The firsts were the Alephs and the Gardeners, the Alephs were sent out to purge species unfit for their new Universe.
For hundreds of millions of years, the Aleph that now is with them razed worlds and killed species, until he one day found one worthy of evolution. He then released the garden he carried with him and from two of his seeds sprung Ex Nihilo and his sister Abyss. Ex Nihilo tells Thor that this is what he wants to do for Earth.
Meanwhile, on Earth, Captain Marvel and Falcon monitor Stark Satellites and detect multiple meteor like objects descending on Earth. These objects kand in Kobe, Chatapur, the Savage land and Norway, where they begin to spawn creatures and terraform the environment. Captain America remarks that he knows exactly who did this and that he needs to be stopped. Wolverine tells him that the team have only been together for six hours, but Captain America tells him that they have no choice. He tells Mainfold to open a portal to Mars and the team departs.
- No special notes.
- The greatest heroes in comics together on one unbeatable team! Now shipping twice a month, the Avengers “go large,” expanding their roster and their sphere of influence to a global and even interplanetary level. When Captain America puts out his call - who will answer? Big threats, big ideas, big idealism - these are the Avengers NOW!
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|