Appearing in "Part IX Godhood's End!"Edit
- Supreme Intelligence
- Nick Fury
- H. Warren Craddock (Skrull imposter) (Death)
- H. Warren Craddock (actual) (Only appearance)
- Golden Age Comic Superheroes Projected From Rick Jones' Mind:
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
- Iron Man Armor MK IV
- Universal Weapon
- Omni-Wave Projector
Synopsis for "Part IX Godhood's End!"Edit
Continuing from last issue... Rick Jones finds himself in the Negative Zone, at the mercy of Annhilius. He reflects back on the events that lead him to be in this place before Annihilus attacks him. Suddenly a force bolt fires from Rick's mind knocking the menace away and Rick soon finds himself transported back to the Kree homeworld in the chamber of the Supreme Intelligence. The Intelligence explains to Rick that he is empowered with the full potential of the human race.
When Ronan and an army of troops enter to dispose of Rick and the Supreme Intelligence, Rick uses his new found powers to summon duplicates of super-heroes from the 1940's to fight off the Kree soldiers. Following the soldiers defeat, Rick then uses his powers to freeze all members of the Kree and Skrull race to a halt, effectively ending the Kree-Skrull War.
This eventually drains Rick of all his strength and he passes out, the Supreme Intelligence then summons the Avengers and Captain Marvel to his chamber where they all agree to use some of their collective life force to save Rick's life. After doing so, they are all returned to Avengers Mansion where they realize there was one Avenger missing through the whole episode: Goliath.
- As with many of the issues from this storyline, the title is an homage to a science-fiction novel or film. This title is a callback to Arthur C. Clarke's "Childhood's End."
- Neal Adams is credited as a consultant. According to Adams, it was his wish to continue this story arc, but editors wanted to wrap up the epic. The Kree-Skrull War concludes in this issue.
- Goliath (Clint Barton) reappears next as Hawkeye in Avengers: Forever #1 as one of the time-lost Avengers Rick Jones pulls to his rescue utilizing his newly-reawakened "destiny force" abilities.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
At last! The cataclysmic conclusion of the Kree-Skrull War! Plus a zillion Marvel-ous guest stars!
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|