Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Appearing in "Something Inhuman This Way Comes..!"Edit
- Mandroid Armor
- Maximus (Appears in flashback and main story)
- H. Warren Craddock (Skrull)
- Super-Skrull (Cameo)
- Supreme Intelligence (Cameo)
Synopsis for "Something Inhuman This Way Comes..!"Edit
Continuing from last issue... The Avengers appear to be defeated by the Mandroids, however rerouting the energy from his own power pods into the Mandroids, Iron Man forces the opposing battle suits to shut down. The Avengers soon come to the aid of an injured Triton, who was attacked by mods of angry humans who thought he was an alien. Triton explains that he's sought out the Avengers, because his leader Black Bolt had been exiled to San Francisco while his brother, the insane Maximus has taken over the Hidden City of the Inhumans. When the Vision brings up the fact that they have friends who are still prisoners of the Skrulls, the Avengers split into two teams: Captain America, Goliath, and Rick Jones would travel to San Francisco with Triton, while Thor, and Iron Man would join the Vision into space to find Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Captain Marvel.
In San Francisco, Black Bolt and his friend Joey are pinned in by a street gang hoping to exploit Bolt's abilities, however, Bolt and Joey are saved by the timely intervention of the Avengers. Bolt joins them on their journey to the Hidden City of the Inhumans. While back in New York, the Vision decides that perhaps it's best to help his comrades save the Inhumans and so he, Iron Man and Thor travel to the Great Refuge as well just as Black Bolt uses his powerful voice to destroy the barrier erected by Maximus (last issue.)
On the other side of the barrier, the Avengers find an Inhuman war party waiting for them, after a quick battle, Maximus is dethroned and Black Bolt resumes his place as the rightful leader of the Inhumans. After the Avengers vow to travel into space to rescue their captured comrades.
- As with many of the issues from this storyline, the title is an homage to a science-fiction novel or film. This title is a callback to Ray Bradbury's "Something Wicked This Way Comes."
- This story crosses over with the Inhumans stories in Amazing Adventures #5-8. Neal Adams was also part of the creative team for that series.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- The wildest one yet! The Avengers tackle the Evil Inhumans - amid the Great Refuge itself! Guest-starring Black Bolt - and Triton!
- The Editor promises to reveal how Black Bolt and Joey came to be imperiled by an angry group of people. However, these events were never revealed. (Neal Adams leaves this title after the next issue).
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|