- Your loyalty and trust have been a great comfort for me! They've given me the will to go on! But something else has too! A hunger for revenge! On my oath as an Avenger, I shall devote my life, if need be, to finding the one who caused Bucky's death! Only then will I be able to find peace!
Appearing in "The Mighty Avengers Meet The Masters Of Evil!"Edit
- The Masters of Evil (First appearance)
- Franz Gruber , (First appearance) Zemo's pilot (Unnamed)
- Paste-Pot Pete
- Adolf Hitler (Mentioned)
- South America (First appearance)
- United States of America
- Germany (Flashback)
- J.F.K International Airport
- Iron Man Armor MK III
- Captain America's Shield
- Black Knight's Power Lance
- Melting Ray MK I
- Adhesive X
- Transistor-powered ejector
- Zemo's Hypno-Ray
- Tear Gas
- Zemo's heli-overcraft
Synopsis for "The Mighty Avengers Meet The Masters Of Evil!"Edit
Baron Zemo, the man behind the cause of Bucky's death discovers that Captain America is still alive. Collecting together the Black Knight, Radioactive Man and the Melter, the Masters of Evil are formed. While the Masters of Evil spray the city with 'Adhesive X', a powerful glue for which there is no solution, the Avengers attack. Captain America and Giant-Man get trapped by the adhesive and the Avengers withdraw to try and find a solution for it.
Wasp remembers that a criminal behind bars called Paste-Pot Pete might be able to help. After receiving the solution they free Captain America and Giant-Man, and attack the Masters again. Swapping their canisters of Adhesive X for the solution, the Masters unwittingly free the city from the adhesive. The Avengers then win the battle.
- Although this issue takes place directly after Avengers #5, Iron Man is drawn wearing the helmet he started wearing in Tales of Suspense 54, which as far as evidence suggests happened after the events of Avengers #5 & 6.
- Baron Zemo, although first appearing in this issue, is responsible for the drone plane that killed Bucky in the flashback depicted in Avengers 4, where he is depicted in one panel as a featureless background figure, and his hand only is shown in another.
- The Black Knight was last seen in Tales to Astonish 52 where he was defeated by Giant Man and the Wasp.
- The Melter last appeared in Tales of Suspense 47, where he was defeated by Iron Man.
- Radioactive Man last appeared in Journey Into Mystery 93 where he was supposedly destroyed by Thor.
- Paste Pot Pete, who is depicted in jail in this issue, was defeated by the Human Torch back in Strange Tales 110 after a failed team-up with the Wizard.
- The Teen Brigade was last seen Avengers 5.
- In page 19, the narrator mistakenly identifies Rick Jones as "Rick Brown".
- Although defeated in this issue, Zemo would escape to terrorize the Avengers next issue.
- Black Knight is captured and isn't seen again until Tales of Suspense 59.
- The Melter is also captured and wouldn't appear again until Fantastic Four Annual 3.
- Radioactive Man isn't seen again until Ultron forms a new Masters of Evil in Avengers 54.
- Giant Man and Wasp will be seen again in Tales to Astonish 56, although published prior to this issue.
- Iron Man would be seen again in Tales of Suspense 54, although published prior to this issue.
- Thor would reappear in Journey Into Mystery 105, although published prior to this issue.
- This story is Job# X-699.
- Written by the Inspired Typewriter of Stan Lee
- Drawn by the Enchanted Pencil of Jack Kirby
- Inked by the Gifted Brush of Chic Stone
- Lettered by the Scratchy Pen of S. Rosen
- references: Avengers #5, Avengers #4, Tales to Astonish #52, Tales of Suspense #47, Journey into Mystery #93, and Strange Tales #110
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|