Appearing in "Avengers Disassembled, Chaos (Part I of IV)"Edit
- Ant-Man (Scott Lang) (Apparent death)/Ant-Man (Scott Lang) (Earth-61108) (Death)
- Black Panther (T'Challa)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers)
- Captain Britain (Kelsey Leigh)
- Falcon (Sam Wilson)
- Hawkeye (Clint Barton)
- Iron Man (Tony Stark)
- Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff)
- She-Hulk (Jen Walters)
- Vision (Victor Shade) (Death)
- Wasp (Janet van Dyne)
- Yellowjacket (Hank Pym)
- Ant-Man's Flying Ant
- United Nations
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents
- Agent Coleman (First appearance)
- Avengers (Only Appearance)
- New York City
- Earth-61108 (Only Appearance)
- Ant-Man's Helmet
- Iron Man Armor
- Falcon's Wings
- Hawkeye's Bow & Trick Arrows
- Captain America's Shield
- Yellowjacket's Suit
- Ant-Man's Suit
Synopsis for "Avengers Disassembled, Chaos (Part I of IV)"Edit
In Avengers Mansion, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Wasp, Captain Britain and She-Hulk are enjoying breakfast. All the while, Hawkeye is talking about how Viper is Madame Hydra and how attractive she is. Then suddenly, proximity alarms alert them to the return of an undead Jack of Hearts. Ant-Man, who had seen Jack die personally saving his daughter Cassie, goes out to talk to him. However, Jack says, "I'm sorry", before spontaneously detonating, causing a massive explosion that kills Ant-Man, destroys a portion of the Mansion and nearly buries the other Avengers, including Jarvis, with rubble.
Meanwhile at the United Nations, Tony Stark, apparently drunk, insults the delegate from Latveria and threatens to kill him. He quickly adjourns to another room while Yellowjacket apologizes for him on his behalf. Then, the Scarlet Witch asks if he had been drinking, to which he answers no. They then receives the Avengers Code White signal.
Back at the mansion, Captain America has arrived with S.H.I.E.L.D. personnel. They then all notice the Quinjet coming in at a very fast speed, before crashlanding. The Vision then emerges from the wreckage, informing his comrades that he's no longer in control of the organisms that make up his body. He warns that they are about to be punished. He then expels fives metallic balls from his mouth which mold themselves as fully functional Ultrons. The Avengers attack the Ultrons and discover that a decapitation can render Ultron non functional. Just when they're getting the upper hand, She-Hulk loses control, angry that Ant-Man is dead for no reason. As her muscle mass expands, she rips the Vision in half. Wasp tried to remind She-Hulk that she's not her cousin, only to be violently slapped away. Cap attempts to stop her, only for She-Hulk to ram a truck onto him.
In the darkness, two voices are discussing over whether the Avengers have suffered enough.
- With this issue, Avengers (Volume 3) reverts to its original numbering systems combining the accumulated comic issues from all three series. The cover to this issue reveals (in greyscale text) that this issue also represents Avengers (Volume 3) #85.
- The cover to Avengers (Volume 1) #1 is reproduced on the splash page to this issue.
- Ant-Man (Scott Lang) is revealed to have survived the explosion in Avengers: The Children's Crusade.
- Avengers Mansion is destroyed in this issue.
- References to the sovereign nation of Latveria are made in this issue.
- The Black Panther appears as King T'Challa only.
- Reference is made to Hank Pym being a wife-beater. Hank's abusive relationship with Janet Van Dyne was first chronicled in Avengers (Volume 1) #215-217.
- This issue also addressess Tony Stark's lifelong battle with alcoholism. Tony's alcoholism was first revealed in the "Demon in a Bottle" storyline from Iron Man (Volume 1) #128.
- Jack of Heart's dead scene is takes place on Earth-61108. Because of the Time Travel in Children's Crusade.
- Avengers (Volume 3) #500-503
- Captain America (Volume 4) #29-32
- Captain America and the Falcon #5-7
- Fantastic Four (Volume 3) #517-519
- Iron Man (Volume 3) #86-89
- Spectacular Spider-Man (Volume 2) #17-20
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Grand Comics Database: Avengers Vol 1 
|Like this? Let us know!|