Appearing in "Let Sleeping Dragons Lie!"Edit
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
- Bill Foster
- Colonel Ling (First appearance)
- Dr. Yen
- Human Torch (Johnny Storm) (Only in flashback)
- Mr. Fantastic (Only in flashback)
- Zeus (Mentioned)
- Captain America (Mentioned)
- Hermes (Mentioned)
- Apollo (Mentioned)
- New York City
- Mount Olympus (Mentioned)
- Unnamed Eastern power
- Empire State University
- Dayton Building
- Chariot of Hermes
- American planes
Synopsis for "Let Sleeping Dragons Lie!"Edit
The Black Widow reaches the East with the plane. There she meets Colonel Ying and Dr. Yen. He shows her his new invention, the Psychotron, which can trap enemies and fight them with their greatest fears. They trap Black Widow in it, believing she is still traitorous to them. Meanwhile, Goliath is sent Dragon Man, to conduct tests on it. Diablo lures the avengers away from Dragon Man long enough to reactivate him. The Avengers go into battle with them, and eventually beat them, but Diablo escapes with the Dragon Man.
- This begins John Buscema's significant run as artist for this title. He will be the regular Avengers artist through Avengers 62 (cover only on Avengers 45). He will return as the artist from Avengers 74-85. He drew several other issues of Avengers since that time, including another tenure with writer Roger Stern in the 1980's.
- Stan Lee Majestically Moguls Over A Roy Thomas - John Buscema Masterpiece Of Matchless Marvel Magnificence!!
- Inked With Dragon Power By: George Bell!
- Lettered With Draggin' Feet By: Artie Simek!
- references: Fantastic Four #35 and Fantastic Four #47
- Alter Ego #9, pg 42 prints John Buscema's unpublished character sketches for the 5 active male Avengers. Notes indicate that the Avengers were being compared/rendered as several prominent actors of the day. For example: Hercules=Steve Reeves, Quicksilver=Fred Astaire, Captain America=Burt Lancaster, Hawkeye=Anthony Quinn, and Goliath=Roger Culp.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
Alter Ego is published by Two Morrows 
|Like this? Let us know!|