Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Appearing in "Vengeance Is Ours!"Edit
- Iron Man (In an illusion or vision)
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
- Hawkeye's Bow
- Mandarin's Rings
- Swordsman's Sword
- Iron Man Armor MK IV (In an illusion or vision)
Synopsis for "Vengeance Is Ours!"Edit
After jumping over the edge last issue, the Avengers have very little time to rescue Captain America, but with quick thinking they manage it. The Swordsman is outraged and attacks them. During the battle he starts to vanish mysteriously. He awakens in the lair of the Mandarin. The Mandarin allies himself with the Swordsman, giving him a more powerful sword. He then creates an image of Iron Man which he sends to the Avengers, vouching for the Swordsman's membership. Once in the Avengers HQ he plants bombs to destroy them. He later has a change of heart and tries to remove the bombs, but is caught by Captain America, who believes he is attaching them. After a brief battle the Swordsman escapes again.
- This story continues where Avengers #19 left off. All the Avengers and the Swordsman were last seen in that issue.
- While there is a Captain America story in Tales of Suspense #69, it is a flashback tale from World War II.
- The Mandarin was last seen in Tales of Suspense #62 where he battled Iron Man.
- Captain America's mention of Iron Man's battle against the Titanium Man was occurring in Tales of Suspense #70.
- The Avengers are all seen next in Fantastic Four Annual #3, where they attend the wedding of Reed Richards and Sue Storm. They, and a number of New York's other super beings fight off an army of villains manipulated by Dr. Doom into crashing the wedding.
- The Mandarin also next appears in Fantastic Four Annual #3. He is one of the many villains manipulated by Dr. Doom into crashing the Richards' wedding.
- The Swordsman is next seen in Avengers #29 when he teams up with Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) and Power Man (Erik Josten) to battle the Avengers. He briefly joins the Avengers for this issue, but will return to his life of crime. He will rejoin the Avengers in Avengers #100 briefly and then again in Avengers #114 where he will serve with the team until his death Giant-Size Avengers #2
- Wham-Type Script by Stan Lee
- Pow-Type Pencilling by Don Heck
- Zowie-Type Inking by Wallace Wood
- Rather Nice Lettering by Artie Simek
- references: Tales of Suspense #70
- Fans everywhere are talking about the unexpected drama, the powerful appeal of this newest Marvel fighting groups! You too will gape in wonder at what befalls the Swordsman!
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|