Appearing in "Wings and Arrows!"Edit
- Cross Technological Enterprises
- Mr. K.H. Keeshan
- Security Guards
- New York City
- Hawkeye's Bow
- Falcon's Wings
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
- Iron Man Armor MK V
Synopsis for "Wings and Arrows!"Edit
Thor is departing the Avengers , and totally ignores a returning Falcon . Things are still going back to normal as reserve Avengers called up to deal with Arsenal are taking their leave. Falcon goes active again and gets chewed out by Hawkeye, who's still bitter about being stripped from the team. Captain America contacts Gyrich to let him know the Avengers are getting back to normal, and Gyrich seems pleased until Wanda asks for her leave of absence to be extended! Gyrich throws a hissy fit and promises them he'll be in New York soon to straighten this out.
Hawkeye returns to his apartment to find rejection letters galore. Then he spots a security guard job being offered. He sneaks into the place and waits in the manager's office, and is hired on the spot.
His first night on the job an intruder breaks in and he goes to investigate. Its Deathbird! They battle, and after a grueling combat Hawkeye eventually outwits her and wraps her up in a titanium mesh net. Furious at being outwitted, Deathbird promises revenge, so Hawkeye gives her a big kiss to remember him by and walks off as she sputters.
Things aren't going so well for the Avengers. Iron Man argues to Gyrich that they cannot force people to be Avengers, and Gyrich says fine, that's it, this is the end of the Avengers!
- This issue features a Hostess Twinkies advert featuring Captain Marvel Vs Professor Sneer.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- Though Ms. Marvel appears on the cover's corner panel, she does not appear inside this issue. The Wasp only appears as a voice on the telephone.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ He rejoined the Avengers briefly in Avengers Annual 9, but has to get back to his battle against the Celestials (issue citations?)
- ↑ Was absent recently to solve a mystery in Marvel Premiere 49.
- ↑ At which point Beast makes a classic Rocky and Bullwinkle reference: "Again? But that trick never works!"
- ↑ This issue is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
|Like this? Let us know!|