Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Appearing in "Death on the Hudson!"Edit
- Sandy Herkowitz, first time name has appeared anywhere other than a name tag
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
- Iron Man Armor MK V
- Hawkeye's Bow
- Falcon's Wings
- Absorbing Man's Ball and Chain
Synopsis for "Death on the Hudson!"Edit
"Death on the Hudson!"
Crusher Creel, the Absorbing Man, was trying to sneak away to a small South American country. However, the Avengers have thwarted that ambition, and now he squares off against Earth's mightiest heroes! They tussle, and finally Iron Man gets on his back and siphons off most of the electrical power running through him. Weaker, but still powerful, Creel tries to get the upper hand, but Iron Man judo throws him into a warehouse. Ms. Marvel and Beast go in pursuit while Iron Man flies into the upper atmosphere to discharge excess energy.
Back at the mansion, Gyrich is wondering what's taking Captain America so long to recruit Falcon. They finally they, but Jarvis informs them of the Absorbing Man battle, and they rush off to the sounds of Gyrich complaining about paperwork to be finished.
They arrive just in time to see the Beast seemingly having captured Absorbing Man. Unfortunately, Absorbing Man touches Beast, making himself as agile and throwing Beast off him. Cap throws his shield, which Beast quickly explains was a bad idea! The now 'secret super-strong alloy' Absorbing Man looks mean, but Ms. Marvel isn't phased. Iron Man joins the battle, but surprisingly his blows do nothing, and Creel clocks him. He grabs Sandy again and runs for the dock, but the ship has already left! The Avengers pursue, and Creel comes fist to fist with Vision! Vision lets Creel absorb his powers, specifically his etherealness, and Creel falls through the dock before he can become human again! Seeing the departing ship, he starts swimming towards it, but he can't catch up, and the Avengers are close behind him. In resignation, Absorbing Man turns himself into water and lets the tides disperse him!
- Inks credited to D. Hands (story pages): Rubinstein? page 4, Austin pages 9 and 13, Gordon? page 10, Janson? page 14.
- Letters (story pages): Saladino (uncredited) page 1, Albers pages 2-17.
- Featuring some great dialog by Falcon making fun of Gyrich's forcing him to be on the Avengers to fill some quota concept. These gems are "Yassuh, I sho' be glad t'do that li'l thing." and "Sorry "massuh", but when Cap gets a bee in his bonnet there "jus' ain't no stoppin' that chil'. Nossuh!" The humor is lost on Gyrich.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|