- You were wrong, Thor, it never ends...and each trial is harder than the last!
Appearing in "...Where Angels Fear to Tread"Edit
- Sister Eucalypta (Only Appearance) (robot)
- Mrs. Pike (First appearance)
- Blanche (First appearance)
Synopsis for "...Where Angels Fear to Tread"Edit
The Avengers are tracking Ultron's bride-to-be through the streets of New York, after they allowed her to escape Avengers Mansion. They are joined by Ms. Marvel before tracking the robot to a convent, which Beast convinces Sister Eucalypta to allow them to enter (spoken in Latin!). Quickly, however, the nun and the Scarlet Witch disappear!
The Avengers discover Ultron and begin the battle. Ms. Marvel takes off to find Wanda, who is currently trapped in a treacherous maze of mirrors but instead gets attacked by Sister Eucalypta. She quickly defeats the nun, who is actually a robot.
Ultron traps the Avengers in a force field, but delays their death in order to marry Jocasta, his bride. However, while Jocasta confesses her love, she turns on Ultron. Suddenly, Ms. Marvel returns to the battle with the Scarlet Witch. Her hex power disrupts Ultron's circuitry, and causes the molecular rearranger to malfunction, allowing Thor to siphon off his power and send it hurtling harmlessly into space! The battle ends, but suddenly Jocasta and Captain America mysteriously vanish.
- Letters (story pages): Saladino (uncredited) page 1, Wohl pages 2-17.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Avengers Assemble". Letters are published from Michael Kalmus, Kevin Dooley, Wally Hopkins, Dean Le Crone, and Chuck LaChance.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story # C-733.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|