Appearing in "Four Against the Minotaur!"Edit
- Mole Man
- Mole Man's mechanical monster
- Minotaur (Only Appearance)
- Lava Men (Mentioned)
- Magneto (Mentioned)
- United States of America
- Jet-Stream Cruiser (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Four Against the Minotaur!"Edit
The Avengers are in the middle of training when a robot breaks into the headquarters. After disabling it, it informs them the Hulk is in the desert. The robot was sent by the Mole Man, and the Avengers are lured into his trap. They are attacked by the Minotaur, a creature belonging to the Mole Man. Quicksilver manages to get separated from the team and is captured by the Mole Man's Moloids. The three remaining Avengers trap the Minotaur and look for Quicksilver. He is freed and they defeat the Mole Man.
- Captain America, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were all last seen in Avengers #16 where the latter three joined the team to replace the original members who took a leave of absence.
- While there is a Captain America story in Tales of Suspense #66, it is a flashback tale from World War II.
- The events in this issue happen simultaneously with the Hulk story in Tales to Astonish #69, where the Hulk battles the Leader. All the panels dealing with the subplot involving the Hulk battling the leader originate from this issue.
- The Mole Man last battled the Avengers back in Avengers #12.
- Each of the Avengers are next seen in Avengers #18 battling the Commissar, the Captain America story in Tales of Suspense #67 is another flashback story.
- After the Mole Man's defeat, he is next seen in Fantastic Four Annual #3 where he is manipulated by Dr. Doom into crashing the wedding of Reed Richards and Sue Storm.
- Rick Jones does not accompany the Avengers on their mission, but instead ends up finding the Hulk in Tales to Astonish #69.
- The Hulk, Rick Jones and the Leader are next seen in Tales to Astonish #70.
- Story by: Stan Lee (Who Else?)
- Art by: Don Heck (Why Not?)
- Inked by: Dick Ayers
- Lettered by: S. Rosen
- references: Tales to Astonish #69 and Avengers #5
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|