- This whole team has been falling short of its rep, lately...
Appearing in "To Fall by Treachery!"Edit
- Dr. Stancheck (First appearance)
- Hellen (First appearance)
- Professor Sturdy (First appearance)
- Withers (First appearance)
- Heinrich Zemo (Mentioned)
- Luke Cage (Power Man) (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "To Fall by Treachery!"Edit
The scientists among the Avengers confirm that Wonder Man has become a being of living energy while the Beast discovers that he has apparently become irresistible to women. Unknown to them, Count Nefaria has recruited three of their old enemies, the Whirlwind, the Living Laser, and the former Power Man, forming a new Lethal Legion. When the trio robs a bank, Captain America leads a contingent of Avengers against them but fails to prevent their escape. Then, as the heroes gather for a meeting, the mansion is attacked by their foes, whose powers have been greatly amplified by Nefaria's scientists. In the midst of the ensuing battle, however, the villains' powers suddenly desert them, and they are defeated. The next second, the Avengers are staggered by a titanic shockwave and rise to face the confident costumed figure of the dreaded Count Nefaria.
- Script: Byrne provided dialog in story page 14 panel 7, "visual bits," and the introduction of Maximoff per letters page in Avengers #168.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Avengers Assemble". Letters are published from Michael R. Lettner and Garth Kriewell.
- The Beast notes that he has been missing from the team for days because he was spending considerable time with young females. One name mentioned is "Paty", a reference to Marvel Artist and Head of Production Paty later the wife of Dave Cockrum.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|