- ... Never mind me. Attend to that arch fiend!
- -- Beast
Appearing in "Prescription: Violence!"Edit
- Beast (Hank McCoy) (Avengers applicant)
- Moondragon (Heather Douglas) (Avengers applicant)
- Toad (Mortimer Toynbee)
- Patsy Walker (voice, hands, and legs only)
- hospital staff
- Dr. Richard Horrigan (First appearance)
- Ant-Man's Ants
Synopsis for "Prescription: Violence!"Edit
The Avengers check on a still recovering Wasp following their battle against the Toad. Worried about Hawkeyes absence, Iron Man and Moondragon travel out to the castle that once belong to Dr. Doom to see what went wrong with Hawkeye's attempt at using the time machine there to find the Black Knight.
While back in New York, Yellowjacket and Wasp's old foe Whirlwind makes an attempt on Wasp's life, but is caught by Yellowjacket who takes his fight against Whirlwind to the streets of New York. Yellowjacket is able to defeat Whirlwind with the help of the Beast.
- Whirlwind, under the guise of Charles Matthews, the chauffeur for Janet Van Dyne (the Wasp) and Hank Pym (Yellow Jacket) for several years now. Pym discovers the ruse because he noticed that Whirlwind ran away from a weapon that Pym was about to use, and only a select few people knew what that weapon was capable of; their chauffeur being one of them.
- Beast's quote comes from a Superman comic strip from the newspapers.
- This issue contains a letters page, "Avengers Assemble". Letters are published from Dennis Mullaney, Ann Nichols, and Peter Sanderson.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|