- No need to feel unnecessarily humble, Iron Man. For, while perhaps a Semi-Human Computer is needed to fell less Human Ones, it was stealth for the most Part, which won the Day.
- -- Vision
Appearing in "With a Bang -- And a Whimper!"Edit
- Larry Trask (Death)
- Peter Corbeau (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "With a Bang -- And a Whimper!"Edit
Continuing from last issue... With the Sentinel's plotting to cause a solar flare that will destroy the Earth, Quicksilver and Larry Trask speed from an airport in Australia to the outback base of the Sentinels, where the other Avengers are fighting off Sentinels at its entrance. The Avengers defeat the Sentinel's with the help of Visions intangibility powers. As the Avengers battle their way to the area where the solar flare device, deep inside the complex, the lead Sentinel, Number Two explains his plan to Scarlet Witch who is shackled to the device.
It explains that it is using her as a power source to the device which is causing a solar flare, which the Sentinel's believe will make everyone sterilize the human race so that the Sentinel's have control over creating pure humans without the risk of mutation, unaware that the device will actually destroy the entire planet. Elsewhere in the complex, Quicksilver and Larry Trask are unable to join up with the other Avengers, and Larry beings seeing new visions of the Avengers being killed by Number Two, when a Sentinel attacks the two. Quicksilver injures himself in order for Larry to get away and warn the Avengers of the impending doom. While Quicksilver waits, he's startled by the appearance of a bright light.
Meanwhile, the Avengers reach the main control room and battle the remaining Sentinels before they are confronted by Number Two, who explains his scheme to the Avengers. Suddenly he is attacked by the Scarlet Witch who is freed by the Vision and the Avengers fight off a number of the Sentinels until Larry Trask arrives. Larry activates a mutant detecting device that makes all mutants glow, revealing that Number Two is a mutated sentinel. Realizing that their leader is a mutation, the remaining Sentinel's terminate him. This causes the others to deactivate, and as the deactivated Sentinel's tumble Larry Trask is crushed by one of the falling units. The Avengers, unaware that Quicksilver was even present during their battle, leave the "ant hill" behind believing Trask to be a hero for saving mankind.
- This issue contains a letters page, Avengers Assemble. Letters are published from James T. Peterson, W.P. Mills, Scott Morris, Michael W. Barr, Hank Bishop, and Randy Benitez.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- The Avengers quinjet was destroyed last issue, so one might wonder what vessel they are using on the last page to travel home.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|