- I believe in the American dream. But THIS...this is some sort of NIGHTMARE!
Appearing in "Betrayal!"Edit
- Avengers West Coast
- Henry Pym
- Edwin Jarvis (Cameo)
- Quicksilver (Behind the scenes)
- Vault Guardsmen (First appearance)
- Henry Peter Gyrich
- Raymond Sikorski
- Valerie Cooper
- Freedom Force
- Vision (Only in flashback)
- Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers) (Only in flashback)
- Beast (Only in flashback)
- Daredevil (Only in flashback)
- Grey Gargoyle (Only in flashback)
- Royals Stadium, Kansas City, Missouri
- The Vault (First appearance), Rocky Mountains
- Avengers Mansion, Manhattan, New York City, New York
- Avengers Compound, Los Angeles, California
- Iron Man Armor MK VII
- Mockingbird's Battle Staves
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
- Hawkeye's Bow
- Trick Arrows
- Ebony Blade
- Guardsman Armor
Synopsis for "Betrayal!"Edit
A baseball game between the East and West Coast Avengers is interrupted by the team of superhuman government agents called Freedom Force, who arrest the heroes and bring them to the Colorado federal penitentiary known as the Vault to stand trial for treason. The Avengers are helpless in specially prepared cells which negate their powers, until a repentant Spider-Woman invades the prison and enables them to escape. Regrouping, they resolve to learn the identity of the former teammate who has betrayed them.
- Higgins credited as managing editor.
- Breakdowns by Ditko, finishes by Janson.
- First appearance of The Vault prison.
- Spider-Woman betrays her Freedom Force teammates and frees the Avengers.
- The events of this issue are concluded in West Coast Avengers Annual #1
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
Someone is betraying the Avengers to their deadliest enemy, Agent Gyrich of the U.S. government! Who would dare? What lies has the traitor spread— and why? This is one suspense-filled saga so shocking it's taken two annuals to tell the full tale!
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|