- You screwed up, Avengers. That's human. What is also human is the ability to learn from those mistakes. To grow. To mature. If you do that -- even a little -- then perhaps what I went through will have a positive meaning. It's your choice.
Appearing in "By Friends -- Betrayed!"Edit
- Carol Danvers (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers)
- Thor (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Hawkeye (Clint Barton) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Wonder Man (Simon Williams) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Beast (Hank McCoy)
- Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
- Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
- Maddy Pryor
- Sgt. Golachinsky
- Sister Luke
- Lt. Bree Morrel
- Wasp (Jan van Dyne) (Only in flashback) (Mystique also impersonates her civilian identity of Janet van Dyne in this story)
- Yellowjacket (Hank Pym) (Only in flashback)
- Marcus Immortus (Only in flashback), (Death)
- "Nick Fury" (another Mystique disguise)
- Mrs Arbogast
- San Francisco
- Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters
- New York City
- Long Island
- Stark International Corporate Headquarters
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
- Hawkeye's Bow
- Iron Man Armor MK III
- Inhibitor Module
Synopsis for "By Friends -- Betrayed!"Edit
With her memories and powers wiped out by Rogue of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Ms. Marvel is rescued from San Francisco Bay by Spider-Woman. After her identity is revealed, Spider-Woman decides to call in her friends the X-Men to try and restore Carol Danvers' lost memories.
Meanwhile, the Avengers are being singled out and attacked by the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, who are seeking to destroy the Avengers. Their assault is at first a success thanks to Mystique and Rogue taking out the most powerful of the Avengers. However, working together, the Avengers manage to defeat and capture the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.
Learning that Carol Danvers has been recovering at the X-Mansion, the Avengers pay her a visit having lost track of her following their last battle with Immortus. When they trivialize the reality of her forced relationship with Immortus' son Marcus, Carol rejects the Avengers and decides to stay with the X-Men. The Avengers, respecting her wishes bid her farewell.
- The reprint with the Terry Dodson cover was issued in November of 2005.
- The back story where Ms. Marvel's memories were erased by Rogue was originally slated to appear in the pages of Ms. Marvel, however the series was canceled with issue Ms. Marvel #23. Issue 25 was slated to feature the Rogue storyline, however it was not complete and did not see publication until 1992 when it was featured (and completed) in Marvel Super-Heroes Vol. 2 #10.
- Following this issue, Carol Danvers would become a regular character appearing in the pages of Uncanny X-Men.
- Carol Danvers last appeared in Avengers #200, which is partially recapped in this issue.
- Though similarly named and featuring a head of red hair, the Maddy Pryor appearing here bears no relation to the more infamous Madelyne Pryor.
- An alternate reality story for this issue is shown in What If? #66 (October 1994).
- This issue also contains an advert for Hostess Cup Cakes featuring Thing Vs. a mugger.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|