Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Part I: A Journey into Mystery||Part II: A Contest of Champions||Part III: Strange Adventures||Part IV: The Brave and the Bold|
Krona, an exiled Oan villain from another Universe who has gained the powers of entropy, begins destroying entire universes in his obsession to find out how they are created. The Grandmaster, an alien who is obsessed with games, offers to give Krona the knowledge he seeks but only if he can beat him in a game. The game consists of forcing the Avengers and their heroic counterparts, The Justice League of America, from that Universe's Earth to battle each other in a race to find twelve items of incredible power that have been hidden around their worlds. With help from Metron of the other Universe, the heroes are tricked into participating. Krona is given the side of the Avengers and Grandmaster is given the side of the JLA.
When Batman and Captain America discover this, Captain America allows the game to end with a victory for the JLA, but Krona refuses to accept this and uses his powers to steal the knowledge directly from the Grandmaster's mind. In turn, the Grandmaster uses the power of the twelve artifacts to merge the two universes, trapping Krona at their center. However, this results in a chaotic world, and Krona begins to cause the universes to collapse, since he now knows that universal creation comes from destruction. The Avengers and the League join forces to stop him, aided by many other members from both teams' pasts (brought together by wild changes in time).
In the end, Krona is turned into a "cosmic egg" from which a universe would be born in a trillion years. The two universes return to normal, with everything that Krona destroyed being recreated as well (this would have consequences for the Anti-Matter Universe, as seen in a further Justice League adventure).
- Red Jar of Calythos
- Silver Wheel of Nyorlath
- Green Bell of Uthool
- Kyle Rayner's Power Battery
- Spear of Destiny
- Eternity Book
- Medusa Mask
- Orb of Ra
- No special notes.
- Superman is the only DC hero to hold both Captain America's shield and Mjolnir, while both he and Wonder Woman are the only DC characters to have held Mjolnir.
- Hawkeye is the only hero of both universes to be in the both the Avengers and the JLA.
- Pages referring to the "Avengers/JLA" event
- Media Avengers/JLA was Mentioned in
- Images showing "Avengers/JLA"
- Event Gallery: Avengers/JLA
Links and References
- Superman vs The Amazing Spider-Man
- Superman and Spider-Man
- Batman vs The Incredible Hulk
- Uncanny X-Men and The New Teen Titans
- Batman and Punisher: Lake of Fire
- Punisher / Batman: Deadly Knights
- Darkseid vs Galactus: The Hunger
- Spider-Man and Batman
- Green Lantern / Silver Surfer: Unholy Alliances
- DC Versus Marvel
- All Access
- Silver Surfer / Superman
- Batman and Captain America
- Daredevil / Batman
- Batman and Spider-Man
- Unlimited Access
- Superman / Fantastic Four
- The Incredible Hulk vs Superman
- Batman / Daredevil: King of New York
- JLA/Avengers at Wikipedia
- Justice League of America at the DC Database Wikia
- DC Universe at the DC Database Wikia
- JLA/Avengers at the DC Database Wikia