- You almost ruined everything. Your school will now have new mutants students. Thanks to me. And you just hope whoever writes your history skims over how the headmaster almost doomed the entire species when he tried to kill Hope. Imagine if you succeeded. There are people who get to judge me, Logan. I don't think you're among them. Thought that's your here, right? Judge and jury and... I know how Jean felt now. More than ever. I understand her. Even better than before. In a way you never will[...] I'm a dead weight now. I've done everything I can do. I die now, and I'm a Martyr. And in a few years, some rebellious little kid is going to turn up at your school with me on his T-shirt. "Cyclops was right".
- -- Cyclops
Appearing in the 1st StoryEdit
- Jake (Main story and flashback) (Origin revealed)
- Tattooed inmate (Main story and flashback)
- Unnamed inmates
- Phoenix Force (Mentioned)
- Captain America (Steven Rogers) (Mentioned)
- X-Men (Mentioned)
- Professor X (Charles Xavier) (Mentioned)
- Jean Grey (Mentioned)
- Extinction Team (Mentioned)
- Hope Summers (Mentioned)
- Sentinels (Mentioned)
- Prison in Undisclosed Location
- Jean Grey School For Higher Learning (Mentioned)
- Cyclops' Visor/Helmet
- Power Dampening Collars
Synopsis for the 1st StoryEdit
Wolverine accuses Cyclops of setting on the path that led to him killing Xavier. Cyclops tries to make Wolverine angry by telling him that he nearly doomed mutants to extinction and that he now understands Jean better than ever, better than Wolverine ever would. Wolverine attacks him but realizes that Cyclops wants to die. Cyclops tells him that there is no way they'll be able to keep him in prison, due to the fact that he only did what he did under the influence of the Phoenix Force, and therefore they stuck him in that prison so that one of the prisoners would kill him. Wolverine tries to convince him to turn in the Extinction Team, but when Cyclops asks him where Emma and Hope are, Wolverine storms out.
Cyclops befriends the only other mutant in his prison, a man named Jake. He and Jake are accosted by three other prisoners who've come to kill them.
- No special notes.
- Spinning directly out of AVX #12, find out what happens next! What ramifications will the fallout of AVX have on the Marvel Universe?
- Cyclops mentions a rebelious teenager eventually showing up at the Jean Grey School wearing a "Cyclops was right" T-shirt. This is a references to Kid Omega is wearing a "Magneto was right" T-shirt in New X-Men #135. Coincidentally, Kid Omega eventually dons a "Cyclops was right" T-shirt in Wolverine and the X-Men #21.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|