Allegedly, according to the ancient Zoroastrian lore, Ahura Mazda, the creator god, emerged from the personification of infinite time, Zurvan. A wise and benevolent being, representing truth, order and justice, Ahura Mazda started populating his domain with life. His birth was soon followed in the one of his twisted mirror image and antithesis, Ahriman, who personified deceit and chaos. Ahriman rejected the peace offerings of Ahura Mazda and tried to kill the life who had been imbued in his domain. After a prolonged battle, Ahura Mazda narrowly overcame and banished Ahriman to the Nether Realms.
The Yazatas ended up being worshiped on Earth in the Persian/Iranian plateau, as well as in Central Asia and India, from 1000 BC into modern days. The nexus between Earth and Elysium was indeed located on Mount Damavand in the Alborz Mountains and at Naqsh-e Rustam (within modern-day Iran).
Atar possesses the conventional physical attributes of the Yazatas.
- 4 Appearances of Atar (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Atar (Earth-616)
- Media Atar (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Atar (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Atar (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Atar (Earth-616)
- Atar at the Guide to the Mythological Universe
- Atar at the Appendix to the Marvel Universe website
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|