An Arthrosian is intelligent species in the Negative Zone. They decended from the Tyannans who set out from the planet Tyanna to terraform other worlds, planning to use specially engineered spores. After their ship crashed on an uninhabited world of Arthros, they released all their spores and died. The spores grew and produced an intelligent insectoid being, Annihilus, who found the Tyannan wreckage and learned everything about the Tyannans, especially their genetic engineering technology. He fabricated his Cosmic Control Rod from the spore canisters and used the engine to power it. With this mighty tool and a seemingly endless supply of insectivorids, he embarked on a campaign to rule the Negative Zone.
Powers and Abilities
Arthrosian possesses a variety of superhuman abilities thanks to their unique physiology and the harsh environment of Arthros and the Negative.
- Superhuman Strength: Arthrosian at their peak are capable of lifting approximately 50 tons.
- Superhuman Speed: Arthrosian are capable of running and moving at speeds greater than even the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: Arthrosian musculature generates considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the musculature of a human being. They can exert themselves at peak capacity for about 24 hours before fatigue begins to impair their bodies.
- Superhuman Durability: Arthrosian body is highly resistant to all forms of physical injury. The species has a chitinous exoskeleton that allows them withstand high caliber bullets, falls from great heights, temperature extremes, pressure extremes 0 up to 1,500 lbs per square inch, and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury.
- Superhuman Agility: Arthrosian agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Arthrosian reaction time is enhanced to a level that is beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.
- Flight: Arthrosian bodies have wings allow him to fly at speeds up to 150 miles per hour in an Earth-like atmosphere.
Arthrosians thanks to salvaged Tyannan technology from their ship advanced faster than any other race in the Zone. Arthrosians are highly familiar with the advanced technology of the Tynnans, particularly the advanced weaponry and genetic engineering technology they had at their disposal.
Average Strength level
approximately 50 tons.
Type of Government: Soul member
Level of Technology: Aavanced (salvaged from the Tyannans)
- Cosmic Control Rod: This item, normally worn at his throat, gives Annihilus control over cosmic energy (not to be confused with the Power Cosmic). Although cosmic energy has virtually limitless applications, Annihilus characteristically uses it to promote his own well-being, by slowing his cellular degeneration (insects are normally short-lived), warding off disease, and reversing the effects of heat, cold, and radiation. He also uses it to boost his own strength, to fly through space, and to fire energy blasts of up to 10 megatons. The rod is a cylinder approximately 6 inches (15 cm) long and 2 inches (5 cm) across.
- Genetic Engineering Technology: Using techniques of the Tyannans, Annihilus can create life forms with specific characteristics, such as the Borers. However, he lacks imagination and tends to concentrate on insectivorids.
Transportation: During his alliance with Blastaar, Annihilus had a ship called a flying fortress. It was green, had wings like Annihilus's own, and fired purple beams.
Weapons: Cosmic Control Rod (see above)
Cultural Traits: Warlike
Representatives: Annihilus (only known member of the species)
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Arthrosians on the forums
- Appearances of Arthrosians
- Minor Appearances of Arthrosians
- Media Arthrosians was Mentioned in
- Race Gallery: Arthrosians
Links and References