Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
His purpose was to monitor the Cosmic Consonance, and he was tasked to only see, but was forbidden to act. The form fitting the function, he was therefore the weakest of his kind, with the most vulnerable form.
Proemial Gods Civil War
When war erupted between the Proemial Gods, caused by Diableri and followed by many of the Proemial Gods (and especially by Aegis of All and Tenebrous of the Darkness Between), Antiphon - true to his purpose - was the only to remain neutral and uninvolved in the entire conflict and rejected Diableri's ambitions.
For unknown reasons, Antiphon was imprisoned along with his surviving brethren in the Kyln and died there under unknown circumstances.
It was suggested between Aegis and Tenebrous, after returning to the Kyln and finding Antiphon's corpse, that their fellow god came to resent being diminished and was why he was imprisoned. Although, this is just speculation.
- To be noted that Galactus didn't mentioned imprisoning Antiphon, while he mentioned explicitly Aegis and Tenebrous, and those two were interrogated about his presence in the Kyln.
- He beared a great resemblance to the Watchers, with a similar purpose, and was hypothesised by readers to be possibly their progenitor.
- Antiphon's name is also a noun, meaning as a response to a psalm or some other part of a religious service, such as at Vespers or at a Mass. This meaning gave rise to the 'antiphony', a call and response style of singing.
- 1 Appearances of Antiphon (Earth-616)
- Media Antiphon (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Antiphon (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Antiphon (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Antiphon (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|